Author Topic: Kitchen Aid Cheese Grader Attachment - Looking for feedback  (Read 457 times)

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
Kitchen Aid Cheese Grader Attachment - Looking for feedback
« on: February 14, 2014, 05:26:35 PM »
Hello,

I am looking for any feedback about the Kitchen Aid Cheese Grader Attachment. I love my Kitchen Aid for kneading pizza dough at home. However, i wanted to know if anyone uses the attachment for grading their block cheese? If so, I would love to hear some feedback about it. Thanks.

TomN

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KOXWFA/?tag=pizzamaking-20

Offline dmcavanagh

Re: Kitchen Aid Cheese Grader Attachment - Looking for feedback
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 02:09:20 PM »
I have the grater attachment, it not only does cheese, but just about anything you can imagine that needs to be grated. It is great for those times when you need a lot of cheese, but it is a PIA to set up, take apart, clean and store. For my normal pizza night, which is usually 2 pies, the Presto salad shooter is a much more practical choice.

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 03:50:32 PM »
Thank you. I was afraid the clean up would be a hassle for just one or two pies. Thanks again.

TomN

Offline pizza is love

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 10:28:15 PM »
Skip it. I did give ours plenty of use but I'd rather use the food processor. There a pain to clean and after some time the tabs on the grater wheel have to be bent back into shape to fit the shaft and eventually the plastic housing cracked on ours. I'd guess we got about 10yrs of use on ours but the food processor is a better choice in my opinion

Offline Rinoxxx

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 05:38:48 AM »
I use it all the time to grate all kinds of cheese, I think it works great and fast. Have not had any problems with clean up. Takes me less then a minute to take apart and wash it out.
Sam

Offline Gosseni

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 02:07:21 PM »
Manual. Four sided box grater gets the job done faster than it takes to set up either attachment. Save the dough. Pun intended!

Offline dmckean44

• pizza pizza
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 02:26:54 PM »
It washes up faster too. Unless you're doing 20 pizzas or something, I wouldn't bother.

pizzapan