Author Topic: dough issues  (Read 482 times)

Offline Chet

dough issues
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:38:36 PM »
Been away for awhile making pizza, got a bag of All Trumps last week, making thin style pizza, my recipe is

65%   cold water
100% All Trumps
.47%  IDY
1.75% salt
1.2% sugar
2.5% olive oil

i mix ingredients for 3-4 min, weight out and put in plastic containers 2 days in the fridge.  i take them
out let them rest at for 2 hrs, and i get a spring back and very wrinkly texture, i know this is a very common issue,
the dough was very tasty, but not manageable, was it too strong flour ect, trying to get back on track.

Chet

Online pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Re: dough issues
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »
Been away for awhile making pizza, got a bag of All Trumps last week, making thin style pizza, my recipe is

65%   cold water
100% All Trumps
.47%  IDY
1.75% salt
1.2% sugar
2.5% olive oil

i mix ingredients for 3-4 min, weight out and put in plastic containers 2 days in the fridge.  i take them
out let them rest at for 2 hrs, and i get a spring back and very wrinkly texture, i know this is a very common issue,
the dough was very tasty, but not manageable, was it too strong flour ect, trying to get back on track.

Chet

Chet,

Were the doughballs easy to open?   By wrinkly do you mean not smooth?  You may need to blend All Trumps with 25-33% AP flour so it's not as strong.
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
Re: dough issues
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:25:16 PM »
Like Nate suggests, I blend all trumps with 25% white lilly bread flour (which is only 11.7% protein). It's a dream to work with at 60% hydration.

Are you using weight or volume to measure your ingredients? At 65% hydration & 2.5% olive oil, that is a pretty high hydration dough and I wouldn't expect your results. Something seems strange so if you can add any more details of your process, please do.
Josh