Author Topic: New guy.  (Read 176 times)

Offline sflorian

• I Love Pizza!
New guy.
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:58:45 AM »
Hello, pizza people. 

I'm new here.  I'm on a quest to make the best deep-dish pizza, and I've hit a wall.  I'm a cook by trade, but baking was never my thing.  I never had the patience for all of that super-precise measuring.  But here we are.  My dough never seems to come out buttery enough or flaky enough.  Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I don't think so.  When I found this forum, I got really excited thinking about all of the other types of pizzas I could be trying.  Next on my list is a regular pan pizza (which shouldn't be too far off from deep-dish pizza, dough-wise).  Then maybe a NY-style.  I loath thin, crackery crusts, so maybe NY will end my dough list.  Anyway, I look forward to browsing around and getting involved.

I'll put up a picture of my last pizza when I figure out how.  :)

Offline sflorian

• I Love Pizza!
Re: New guy.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »
Oh, yeah.  Duh.  My name is Steven.  You can call me Steve if you like.  I like that.'

I'm living in Southern New England.  The last few weeks have been pretty BS, weather-wise.

Offline sflorian

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 01:02:28 PM »
Will this picture upload work?

Online dogboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 01:17:30 PM »
Will this picture upload work?
they look good!!

Offline sflorian

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 04:12:11 PM »
they look good!!

Thanks, dogboy.  That's a new crust I tried.  The taste was good, but the weird shape of the handle part wasn't very sturdy.  It wasn't that big a deal, it's just kind of an eye-sore.  I'm finishing it for dinner tonight, and I'm excited.   8)

pizzapan