Author Topic: Introduction.  (Read 91 times)

Offline scash2014

• I Love Pizza!
Introduction.
« on: February 19, 2014, 05:28:57 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm not big on talking about myself. But it is compulsory here . So..... I live in central Maine. I love pizza. I could eat it everyday. There were times in my life when I did.  I've been making pizza for around twenty years. I started with the pizza kits sold at most Mom and Pop stores. Recently I  started making my own dough. I got sick of the inconsistency and occasionally paying for old dough.  I worked at Pizza Hut for quite a while. I don't really consider it real pizza, but I've made a ton of pies there as well.

Pretty happy with my dough right now. My two main pizza objectives are: finding a good sauce. And finding good mozzarella cheese. There is a place in the area that sells it at $6 a pound. It's passable, but nothing special. Every prepackaged brand I've tried at the supermarket (like Kraft and Sargento)  has been garbage in my opinion. At some point I want to try my hand at making my own. The balls at the supermarket are okay, but a little too pricey at $8 a pound. If they were better (or cheaper) I would use them.

Anyway, that's what drew me here. I want to take my pizzas to the next level. I'm looking for advice

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
Re: Introduction.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:54:06 AM »
Welcome scash2014,
Thanks for sharing your background and interests.  Browse through the subjects until you find the style you like, and I'm sure you will find helpful suggestions and a welcoming community.
Dave