Author Topic: Long-time lurker goes legit  (Read 138 times)

Offline ryjo

Long-time lurker goes legit
« on: February 20, 2014, 02:29:43 PM »
My name is Ryan, and after five years in NYC, I'm back in my home state of Minnesota.

I've been reading and benefiting from the shared wisdom on this forum for years and figured it was time to actually, you know, join up.

My favorite pizza places are Paulie Gee's, Roberta's, Motorino, Luzzo's, Bianco...most of the obvious U.S. choices, I guess. Locally, Punch, Black Sheep, Pizzeria Lola, Burch, and Red's are favorite spots.

I worked at a chain-style pizza joint for 5 years during high school and college, and I've been making pizza at home for more than seven years. I've evolved from chain-style Midwestern pies to deep dish/pan pies to NY style to attempting a neapolitan style close to Motorino or PG, mostly in gas ovens. Hoping to buy a BS when the weather turns warmer.

Currently working with an Ischia SD starter (about a year old), and I can't say enough about how helpful some of the posts here have been to my process, especially those of TXCraig1. Hoping to maybe one day open a store of my own, but working to perfect my craft until then, and maybe even get a side gig somewhere with a WFO to train a little.

Glad to be here!

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Long-time lurker goes legit
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 07:51:19 PM »
Welcome!
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Long-time lurker goes legit
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
Ryan, glad you joined.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

pizzapan