Author Topic: does kitchaid fix the armature  (Read 1657 times)

Offline hungry one

• I Love Pizza!
does kitchaid fix the armature
« on: April 08, 2006, 11:10:37 PM »
Was mixing 3 600 gram doughs,55 percent hydration,it jammed while mixing and smoked bad by the time I unplugged it,now does nothing. Tried to find parts on line no luck,any suggestions.

Offline loch

• I love pizza!
Re: does kitchaid fix the armature
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 12:58:09 PM »
Not sure what model # you have but try these two sites, both Carry KitchenAid parts. culinaryparts.com or partstore.com. I have had good luck with both companies, even for equipment that is outdated. It will help if you have your manual with a blow-up view of the parts with numbers. Some times they use odd part numbers.

I don't know how mechanical you are, but I had what was about to become a similar problem with my KitchenAid. I took it apart, found a seal that was shot, reseated it, packed a bit of grease in and it's still working today(although, I gave it to a friend who mostly makes cookies). I bought a Delonghi 7 qt and have been very happy with it, although if all you're going to do is mix is dough you have other options.

Dave
"As long as when she takes me out she buys me pizza and beer!"

Offline PizzaEater

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 08:14:30 AM »
The only thing that will fix a Kitchenaid is a Bosch. 

How old is the mixer? Warranty?

Offline hungry one

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 08:27:45 AM »
No warranty after 1 year and i have to seng it to a repair shop,the chip that controls the speed may also be damaged ,not worth fixing may take weeks .

Offline loch

• I love pizza!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 12:16:32 PM »
hungry one,

Sorry to hear your bad news.  I looked at a few sites and different prices (Viking, DLX, Delonghi) and prices seem to be kind of high and very similar. Not knowing your financial status or actual dough making needs, I guess I would recommend going on a forum search for opinions. I looked at the King Arthur forum and everyone loved Viking (although many had to send their first one back???). I chose Delonghi for it's power and use for things other than bread dough and the fact that last year I was able to buy a new 7qt for $285 including shipping. Given current prices, if I was only doing bread dough, I would give the DLX a serious look. I know it has other attachments but I've never heard much from others about them.

Good Luck!

"As long as when she takes me out she buys me pizza and beer!"

Offline phil47952

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 07:33:09 AM »
   I agree with Pizzaeater, a Bosch Universal for around  $300  and your problem is solved