You won't have to "unlearn" a lot of nonsense.
Respectfully, Jonas, with all the really questionable books on pizza there are out there, I can understand how you might be pleasantly surprised when you find one that encourages weight measures, but this book has a lot to unlearn. I took a look at a copy at the library and found quite a few discrepancies.
- They recommend substituting dried oregano for fresh basil
- They don't know what Caputo 00 flour is and think it's 8% protein
- They don't understand the concept of draining fresh mozzarella
- They ball the dough 20-40 minutes prior to stretching
- They only use rolling pins for thin crusts
- Their master dough recipe is 74% hydration with all purpose flour! 74%!
- They use 1% IDY for a dough that is ready in 2 hours, but that can be used up to 14 days. 14 days!!!!
The last item reveals, imo, a staggeringly ignorant understanding of fermentation. If that was the only thing they got wrong, I'd still question the value of this book. We have some forum members that shoot for as little as a 6 hour window when their dough is ready to use- beyond that or before that it's impaired. My window is a little larger, but 2 hours to 14 days is ridiculous.