Author Topic: 900 degree on the move !!!!!  (Read 1964 times)

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
900 degree on the move !!!!!
« on: February 21, 2014, 08:53:48 AM »
hello everyone , i have finally made a plan for my wood fired pizza oven i have thought of it for my restaurant - 900 degree.
i have the internal dia at 44 inch with 15.5 inch height dome, the cast iron door frame should be 30/ 13inch,  opening of 18/ 9 inch. i have taken these configurations after going thought all the posts. I am going to build the oven on a  round steel table of 60 inch diameter the first layer would be my fire cement which is 3 inch over which would be insulation board approx 5 mm- insulation brick and finally 4.5 inch fire brick.
i am planning to make the table with  3 ft  height with4/4 and 3/3 steel, the overall weight would be approx 1 tonne, this again i had taken from one of the posts it was very descriptive thanks for that fagila
picture 1 is the floor diagram and 2 is the floor I've made being cured, i hope i am good so far...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:56:26 AM by dheeraj »

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
Re: 900 degree on the move 05/03 update!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:00:18 AM »
today we started witht the table as i had mentioned the brick oven would be 44 inch so i have gone with 60 inch dia round table. i have made the table with3/3 inch and 2/2 inch ,  2mm guage square steel after lots of discussion with my fabricator,  the legs will have 3/3 inch and the other horizontal connecting rods would be 2/2 as u can see in the pic.
the round sheet on top of it will be 1 mm thick , hope these will be good enough to handle all the weight ... any thoughts pls

Online JD

• Supporting Member
Re: 900 degree on the move !!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 11:10:05 AM »
It seems unusual that the square frame is inside of the 4 legs instead of on top. Is there a reason for this?
Josh

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 11:20:25 AM »
hi , i have just gone with fagila design which i have mentioned in the previous posts( pic of table )
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:22:34 AM by dheeraj »

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 09:17:37 AM »
hi now that the table is ready i have procured 60 inch round steel plate of 6mm weighing 85 kg, the table is more or less done i hav also give a 8 inch sleeve whcih will have all the base insulation and the fire brick. the frame for the oven opening  is cast iron  frame which is done it is 30/27  L/ width, and the opening is 18/9" it needs some grinding and will be ready, it should weigh about 50 kg i guess thats the updates

Offline Balilla-vero

• addicted
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 03:31:58 AM »
Wow , I love the cast door  ;)
I am excited to keep track of your project.
Manuel
Fatte 'na pizza c'a pummarola 'ncoppa
vedrai che il mondo poi ti sorriderą

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 08:47:45 AM »
thanks for the cast compliments, now that i have the cast iron frame 50 kg approx i was planning for squirrel vent chimney so here is my front cap or support which i have got done. the frame would be 9 inch away from the opening and 1 inch above so that it does not now obstruct the view inside the oven
i have also got the chimney which is 18 inch square with 10 inch opening , so this will sit on top of the dome and i will have the chimney fixed.
the last pis is the base and stand going through rust proof treatment (red oxide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:04:25 AM by dheeraj »

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 09:04:13 AM »
It's looking really great so far dheeraj, thanks for sharing the photos!  Looking forward to seeing your progress! 

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 03:42:34 AM »
OK now that i have my table, round steel plate as base, my frame for entrance and the chimney for the squirrel vent i am planning to have a flow chart  to kick start with the actual oven building process (bricks and mortar).

i am planning to start with the sailor course with door frame in place and give it a nice 3 inch cladding from outside and have a steel harness or metal strap around as reinforcement for  the wall 
MY QUESTION IS WITH THE DOME
In the  first picture each brick is buttered and layered one by one to the center
In the second picture as you can see the brick are all layered  over the sand and then i believe cladding is  done  over it
now which is the best method and what are the things to keep in mind to have a strong dome ( imagine i want elephant on top of it ha ha ) , any inputs on this please
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 03:47:14 AM by dheeraj »

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »
hi friends haven't posted any thing for some time now as my father had passed away on 17th , i should be be back by april 1st week ....see u soon

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 01:48:45 PM »
dheeraj, so sorry to hear about your father's passing. Take your time, we will be waiting for your oven when you return.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline csafranek

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 04:52:15 PM »
Very sorry to hear of your loss. God Bless you and your family.

Chad

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 11:25:21 AM »
thanks friend for your kind words, i am back now and will post my developments, i promise i will make it challenging to all of you and i am going to need all the support from this point so lets kick start ....

Offline ChristianVerschaeren

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
Hang in there dheeraj,

been following with great interest, very cool you're casting all these parts too.

c

Offline vtsteve

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 11:59:25 AM »
I think the Italian builders can set all their half-bricks, and grout at the end, because their bricks are handmade and irregular. The grout really locks them in. In the US, available firebrick is machine made and very flat/smooth, which is great if you're laying them flat... but straight, smooth half-bricks can drop right out of the ceiling if the bond ever failed -- I've seen pictures on the Internet >:D.

I tapered my bricks; they're wedged against each other so a brick couldn't move if *all* the mortar around it failed. How much is your time worth? You could take a hybrid approach. Once you get a jig set up, the tapering goes quickly, especially if you're leaving a gap for grout.

Offline BKLEBS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 06:24:20 PM »
Dheeraj, sorry to hear about your father. Beautiful oven you are building. I am looking to do one myself so I am watching with great anticipation!  Vtsteve, what are you using for your floor and ceiling and where did you source from?  Thanks!

Offline vtsteve

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 03:04:50 AM »
I bought the bricks for the original build (red W/G) from a masonry supplier in West Lebanon, NH -- no sales tax, and he let me pick over his 'seconds' pile. I topped the floor with a second layer of white W/G bricks from Home Depot; until last year, they carried them as pavers, not firebrick. I used Heatstop 50 mortar from the same supplier in NH.

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 06:37:30 AM »
friends am back and have managed to finish the oven .... most of it

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2014, 06:43:03 AM »
some pics of the hearth and brick wall

Offline stonecutter

• Old World Stone & Garden
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 06:57:41 AM »
Are you using castable as mortar?  What is the material under your hearth...AAC or insulating firebrick?

You must be happy to be moving along now.  Sorry about your loss too....I missed that post.
http://oldworldstoneandgarden.com/

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin