Author Topic: Charlottes (Palatine in the 90s) NW hwy, in a trailer?  (Read 570 times)

Offline papo08

Charlottes (Palatine in the 90s) NW hwy, in a trailer?
« on: November 16, 2015, 12:31:48 PM »
Im diggin way back to my youth here...my dad used to take me to a place in Palatine I believe was called Charlottes. I also believe it was on NW Hwy, in a large trailer type setup off of the road.  Bar/Pizza place that served leinenkugel (my pops favorite).

Im a pizza monster.  Grew up on this, Auerlios/sanfratellos/Mama & Me (a lesser known homewood).  But I always distinctly remember this being my favorite pizza of all time.  Now that im baking my own, I cant help but wonder if anyone else had been to this dark, dingy, amazing pizza place.  It must have been in the 1988-1991 range that I used to go there.

Offline papo08

Re: Charlottes (Palatine in the 90s) NW hwy, in a trailer?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 12:33:15 PM »
Correction, just found this ...   It was on Route 14 and 68 in a trailer.

Offline rkrider99

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 07:30:34 AM »
Ahh, yes, Charlotte's.. remember it fondly.
Dad lived in Palatine, and we would go to Charlotte's on the weekends.
Dingy, smokey old bar style place that served great pizza. And if I remember correctly, it was really cheap.

Tom

Offline papo08

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 01:26:37 PM »
Ahh, yes, Charlotte's.. remember it fondly.
Dad lived in Palatine, and we would go to Charlotte's on the weekends.
Dingy, smokey old bar style place that served great pizza. And if I remember correctly, it was really cheap.

Tom

.90cent beers.  pizza was cheap too if i remember correctly.  he drank, I ate.  good times.  I actually tracked down the daughter of the original owner.  Im gonna see what I can do to squeeze a recipe out of her

Offline Xphalcon

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 02:32:29 AM »
My parents moved to Inverness around 1984.  My friends & I found Charlotte's, and I do remember them having probably one of  the best tavern style pizzas....and of course they proudly served Leinenkugels long necks. 

Offline bigmyke

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 12:54:59 PM »
Ahh Charlottes..  Used to go there with friends for a $5.00 large (14 in) and vess cola. (was not old enough for leinies yet).  Awesome pizza, cheap, and a great dingy environment..