Author Topic: My Chicago Deep Dish Attempt  (Read 566 times)

Offline gman1973

My Chicago Deep Dish Attempt
« on: January 21, 2015, 11:53:37 AM »
Made a quick Deep Dish last night. Don't laugh but I used Betty Crocker dough mix for a quick dough. Shure Fine Sliced Mozzarella, Tuttorosso Peeled Plum Tomatoes, Hormel Pepperoni, Hormel Bacon Pieces, and Shure Fine sweet Sausage.

To make the dough I modified the directions a bit. The directions said to just add 1/2 cup of warm water mix together and let sit for 5 min. I added a tablespoon of oil along with some black pepper and granulated garlic. Then add the 1/2 cup of warm water. Let I set for maybe 7 or 8 min. Pressed it out in my 9" Chicago deep dish pan. Layered the Sliced Mozz, I drained the Tomatoes then hand squished them up with a little sugar, Garlic, and pepper. I layered a thin layer of sausage. Then covered it with the squished tomatoes. For 1/4 of the pizza I added bacon pieces. Another 1/4 got Pepperoni. Half was just the sausage. I then topped it with Grated Parm/Ramano. Cooked it for about 35 min on 375.

Here a couple Pics:

Offline PizzaGarage

Re: My Chicago Deep Dish Attempt
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 01:39:01 PM »
That looks like a mighty good deep dish...

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 11:01:56 PM »

Welcome to the forum Gman...that DD pizza looks real damn good man. The only suggestion I have right now for you is to switch over to Icehouse beer.....it is the beer to enjoy with Chicago Pizza.  8)

Otherwise...you seem to be golden dude...congrats!   :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline gman1973

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 03:15:48 PM »
Thanks Bob. I used to drink a %$# load of IceHouse back in the 90's and 2000's but now I go with either Labatt's Ice or Natty Daddy's. IceHouse wrecked my stomach for some reason.

We used to call it AssHouse  :D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 08:20:27 PM »

We used to call it AssHouse  :D

Pretty funny gman.  8)

Here's my crib.  :-D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan