Author Topic: How to to keep g3 heat cycle to not stop>/  (Read 700 times)

Offline PudgeJunior

• I Love Pizza!
How to to keep g3 heat cycle to not stop>/
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:07:58 AM »
With this pizza oven

http://www.costco.com/Forno-Magnifico-Electric-12%22-Pizza-Oven.product.100073122.html

how can you stop the heating cycle from turning off?  How do you take it apart to bend back the the control that turns off the heat cycle/

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
Re: How to to keep g3 heat cycle to not stop>/
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 08:46:58 AM »
With this pizza oven

http://www.costco.com/Forno-Magnifico-Electric-12%22-Pizza-Oven.product.100073122.html

how can you stop the heating cycle from turning off?  How do you take it apart to bend back the the control that turns off the heat cycle/

Welcome Pudge.  Read through this thread and you should gain a lot of knowledge: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=19732.msg295183#msg295183.

Also search Ferrari G3, or Deni - they have similar electronics.
Dave

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:12:12 AM »
Forget cracking it open.

Get a small fan, and aim it at the thermostat from behind the unit. It won't shut off...Promise.
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline misterschu

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:49:02 AM »
Forget cracking it open.

Get a small fan, and aim it at the thermostat from behind the unit. It won't shut off...Promise.

Have you used this method? I don't think it will work, the thermostat is not exposed, the largest opening to it is where the knob comes out. There's also an aluminum strip that's directly connected to the thermostat's bimetal strip on one end and the dome of the oven (right near the heat element) on the other.

Offline PudgeJunior

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 11:15:22 AM »
haven't tried the fan method yet

I  preheated the g3 once for 15 minutes, and noticed that the crust had more holes in it.  The problem is that the most he g3 will run is like 20 minutes.  o if I put the pizza in there is a good chance the element will turn off.  I think it is worth it to get it to turn off.  I f I only heat it for 10 minutes (as instructions say) the pizza is no better than oven

Is there any chance the unit will catch on fire id the thermostat is is off?  The timer on this will turn off the oven after 10 minutes anyway, so I would think not

Offline misterschu

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »
Is there any chance the unit will catch on fire id the thermostat is is off?  The timer on this will turn off the oven after 10 minutes anyway, so I would think not

Mine doesn't have a timer. There's not much to "Catch" on fire, but the original front plastic handle for lifting the lid did melt. Recently though I've been running it for 45 minutes non stop without any issue.

Offline PudgeJunior

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 01:08:22 PM »
The one I have has two plastic handles on the side..the original g3 had a 5 minute timer, the new one it's ten minutes

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 01:32:33 PM »
Have you used this method?

Several times on my Ferrari G3 and my Deni 2100.
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline misterschu

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 02:54:56 PM »
Several times on my Ferrari G3 and my Deni 2100.

Where do you aim it? Is the back of the G3/Deni open?

Offline PudgeJunior

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 02:07:47 AM »
I did this.  I had a fan pointed at the rear of the g3.  It worked, I ran the g3 for 20 minutes and the light did not go off, so I am sure it could run longer

Offline tristan111

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
Forget cracking it open.

Can you post some of your results?  :pizza:  :P

Offline karthikrr

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 12:48:20 PM »
I just signed up on this forum this morning after pointing a fan at my Trebs 99229 http://www.amazon.de/Trebs-99229-Steinofen/dp/B00DK6T034 and being shocked to discover that in less then 2 minutes, the base was almost burnt! I did however pull the temperature control knob off to expose the thermostat.

Umm, so yeah, I would say pointing a reasonably powered fan at the back of the unit is definitely going to help keep the unit from cycling off. Oh and hello to the forum members who don't frequent the new members section :)

pizzapan