Author Topic: Same Dough, Different Cook Method  (Read 245 times)

Offline waynesize

Same Dough, Different Cook Method
« on: March 02, 2014, 02:27:31 PM »
I have been making the same dough for several years. This weekend I switched from cooking on screens to cooking on a stone. It made a big change in my pizzas, for the better. Other than getting a better stone, and getting better with the new method, should I make any changes in my dough, to get even better results?

Here is the dough I have been making:

KABF (100%)
Water (63%)
IDY (.33%)
Salt (2%)

Make 283g balls for 12" pies. I have been putting the dough balls in the fridge for about 48 hours.

My results were pretty good, but I am open to any suggestions that might make it better. Thanks.

Wayne

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Re: Same Dough, Different Cook Method
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 05:02:33 PM »
I have been making the same dough for several years. This weekend I switched from cooking on screens to cooking on a stone. It made a big change in my pizzas, for the better. Other than getting a better stone, and getting better with the new method, should I make any changes in my dough, to get even better results?

Here is the dough I have been making:

KABF (100%)
Water (63%)
IDY (.33%)
Salt (2%)

Make 283g balls for 12" pies. I have been putting the dough balls in the fridge for about 48 hours.

My results were pretty good, but I am open to any suggestions that might make it better. Thanks.

Wayne

If u want more browning you can add sugar.  Oil will make more tender too.  You can try 2% for each.

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline waynesize

Re: Same Dough, Different Cook Method
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 06:44:45 PM »
Thanks Nate. I may make two batches later in the week. One with oil added, and one with oil and sugar added. Thanks for the suggested percentages. Can't wait to give it a try.

Wayne

pizzapan