Author Topic: HELP! Looking for an old dough rounder machine  (Read 408 times)

Offline molko

• I Love Pizza!
HELP! Looking for an old dough rounder machine
« on: March 05, 2014, 06:05:44 AM »
Hi,  I'm trying to source (what appears to be) a very old machine we used at my last place of work for balling our dough balls after we had weighed them out.

you tube video of the machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii9yPVpIiq4&feature=youtu.be

few more details
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2pmj8&s=8#.Uxb_t_l_t8E  I think it might have also said on the side of the machine that it was a bun moulder?

I have moved to a newly opened pizzeria and we now use up a large part of our day balling dough by hand.  I'm aware there are new products available to do this job but they seem to be over engineered and over priced, running into thousands of 's (for what we need being a fairly small outfit)

Any help would be really appreciated,  I've searched Google extensively and cant come up with any answers.

Or,  if there is a similar product Ive missed that could ball our pre weighed dough balls (200g/7oz) for under 1000 that would also be great.

Oh and finally,  although I left my last job on good terms I don't think going back to my last place of work and asking the owner where she got it would go down very well,  she is a bit sensitive about the situation :).

thanks

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: HELP! Looking for an old dough rounder machine
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 06:25:42 PM »
dutchess baking makes a simple dough cutter rounder not cheap bit simple and will last forever. they also make a cutter only lot less expensive. you portion the master ball and it will cut it into x -number of even pieces. you the ball it. saves a lot of time.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 07:41:02 PM »
What do think is a fair price or somethiing that will save what you said a great deal of time for a long many years?  2 employees a 4 hours day =8hrs x$10 hr Iam gonna estimate $100 a day taxes etc... 70 days or just a few month  year  is $ 70000 I can have you a  Unixex DR14  new for aroound $6300 to your door or a Doyon DR45 for around $6600  peanuts! portions and rounds  and  should last 10-15+ years ??? You have to amoritize the return on this piece of equipment Its a steal for what it does and saves !  sounds like alot  but there are some serious machines Let me know if you want  quote glad to help you out !!
I can get em both  ;D
John
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:48:57 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 07:44:30 PM »
John,

Out of curiosity, are you in a position to ship to the UK, where member molko is located?

Peter

Offline molko

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 05:43:04 AM »
What do think is a fair price or somethiing that will save what you said a great deal of time for a long many years?  2 employees a 4 hours day =8hrs x$10 hr Iam gonna estimate $100 a day taxes etc... 70 days or just a few month  year  is $ 70000 I can have you a  Unixex DR14  new for aroound $6300 to your door or a Doyon DR45 for around $6600  peanuts! portions and rounds  and  should last 10-15+ years ??? You have to amoritize the return on this piece of equipment Its a steal for what it does and saves !  sounds like alot  but there are some serious machines Let me know if you want  quote glad to help you out !!
I can get em both  ;D
John

I appreciate that these pieces of equipment have their place and will save money,  but being a new (only opened 3 months ago) and relatively small pizzeria it is a big outlay when a more simplified balling machine like the one I posted would save us masses of time and hopefully be available at a fraction of the price.  I also appreciate that as i haven't managed to find one then that option might just not be available.

Thanks for the reply tho.