Author Topic: First Time 16" New Yorker Pizza At Home  (Read 348 times)

Offline pizzadaheim

• I Love Pizza!
First Time 16" New Yorker Pizza At Home
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:19:23 AM »
Hello Everybody

I Used 00 Italien flour for low temperatures. The dough needs anothet 12 hours but it  was still tasty
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:06:15 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline pizzadaheim

• I Love Pizza!
Re: First Time 16" New Yorker Pizza At Home
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:33:22 AM »
More  photos
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:13:21 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline pizzadaheim

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 10:48:28 AM »
Final

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 11:18:59 AM »
pizzadaheim,

I fixed the orientation of many of your earlier photos in this thread because the forum's software cannot do that and there is no fix on the horizon. I had to fix each photo one by one, which took a lot of time.

Going forward, you may want to upload the photos to your desktop or similar computer to be sure that they are properly oriented before posting them on the forum. Many of our members have been using the thread at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=33199.msg328718#msg328718 to test their photos before posting.

Peter

Offline cups

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 04:57:59 PM »
I'd eat that. Looks good. 

Offline pizzadaheim

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 07:43:27 AM »
I'd eat that. Looks good.

thank you cups. The dough ball was absolutly underfermented. Today iused another dough ball from the same batch. The difference between underfermented dough and fermented dough is like day and night. I prefer even sligtly overfermented dough over underfermented dough anytime

the pizza of the day quattro formaggi

Offline pizzadaheim

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 07:49:54 AM »
Photo

Offline pizzadaheim

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 07:51:36 AM »
pizzadaheim,

I fixed the orientation of many of your earlier photos in this thread because the forum's software cannot do that and there is no fix on the horizon. I had to fix each photo one by one, which took a lot of time.

Going forward, you may want to upload the photos to your desktop or similar computer to be sure that they are properly oriented before posting them on the forum. Many of our members have been using the thread at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=33199.msg328718#msg328718 to test their photos before posting.

Peter

Pete-zza Thank you for the help and for the info. It worked this time

Offline pizzadaheim

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 08:57:42 AM »
The Crust

Offline Pizza Shark

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 06:50:21 PM »
Yup... Let that dough keep on cold fermenting.. it gets better and better.  I'd also say I noticed you appear to have dusted the sauce with dry herbs/spices before topping with cheese... try adding your seasonings to your sauce 24 hours before with 1 tsp of olive oil added to the sauce... stir and let the sauce rest in the fridge with the oil/spices in it.  If you are going to add some extra spices such as oregano just before the bake, I prefer to add them last (especially if you are using pepparoni as they will release their flavor into the oil's released by the pepparoni on to during the bake.  Some pizzarias also dust their pizza's with "bird seed" which is a mix of spices immediately after the pizza is pulled... I guess the idea is the spices will release their oils into the hot oils that reside on the top of the pizza as soon as it is pulled.  I personally don't like that method and prefer to add seasonings to the sauce.  The only herb I'll add immediately after the bake is fresh snipped basil if I want that fresh basil flavor.   

pizzapan