Author Topic: GB Dough Recipe Advice needed  (Read 91 times)

Offline TurkeyOnRye

• I Love Pizza!
GB Dough Recipe Advice needed
« on: August 25, 2016, 01:11:30 PM »
Today is day 4 of a cold ferment on a GlutenBoy dough. Very excited to see the results!  :-D I have the dough still in the fridge. It hasn't been balled yet. Any advice on the preparation? I plan to make one pizza out of it in 8 hours. The other half will be saved for tomorrow. Should I ball the dough right now and let it rest at room temp till it's time to shape and bake? Or ball it, fridge it, and just pull it out an hour or two before baking?.. The recipe didn't specify here.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:25:24 PM by TurkeyOnRye »

Offline invertedisdead

Re: GB Dough Recipe Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 01:31:43 PM »
I would ball it now, put in back in the fridge, and remove an hour or two before bake. Glutenboy balls after about an hour room temp bulk rise if I recall correctly; before s long CF. no late balling.
Ryan

Offline TurkeyOnRye

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 01:37:02 PM »
I would ball it now, put in back in the fridge, and remove an hour or two before bake. Glutenboy balls after about an hour room temp bulk rise if I recall correctly; before s long CF. no late balling.

I do remember that part. I remember thinking "I don't wanna wast space in the fridge with two separate containers, I'll just put all the dough in one container." I hope this doesn't screw anything up. I'll be as gentle as I can.

Offline invertedisdead

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 01:58:33 PM »
I do remember that part. I remember thinking "I don't wanna wast space in the fridge with two separate containers, I'll just put all the dough in one container." I hope this doesn't screw anything up. I'll be as gentle as I can.

You should be fine but most members who late ball do so the night before. Once you find the right container for the size pizza you are making you can just stack them and they won't take up much room at all. I have different containers for 12", 14", pan pizza, etc. Rubbermaid 5.2 cup works great for my 14" pizzas. I just got those at the Dollar Store.
Ryan