Author Topic: Warming rack ideas  (Read 249 times)

Offline peteH

• I Love Pizza!
Warming rack ideas
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »
I am having a pizza party in a couple of weeks and I am expecting more people than my WFO can produce pizza in a reasonable time.  I was thinking about baking several pies ahead of time and then throwing them back in the oven briefly to get them hot again.  While they are outside the oven, I would like to keep them reasonably warm.  Does anyone have any simple ideas for a warming rack that can hold 6-10 pies? 

Offline stonecutter

• Old World Stone & Garden
Re: Warming rack ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 07:29:55 AM »
An oven or grill rack sitting on a couple refractory brick.
http://oldworldstoneandgarden.com/

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 07:31:00 AM »
Sorry,  I can't help with that, but I have done the same with 3 pies in the oven and had two suggestions.  The wire pizza screens are invaluable,  I take the pie out of the pizza oven, put it on a screen, and put it my regular oven at 250 F - it lets the bottom of the crust breathe, if you just put it on a regular pan, the bottom can get soggy.  The second suggestion is to rotate the screens pretty regularly, and check on them, even at 250 it is easy to burn one if you leave it in too long.

Offline Fire-n-smoke

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 09:13:04 AM »
Sorry,  I can't help with that, but I have done the same with 3 pies in the oven and had two suggestions.  The wire pizza screens are invaluable,  I take the pie out of the pizza oven, put it on a screen, and put it my regular oven at 250 F - it lets the bottom of the crust breathe, if you just put it on a regular pan, the bottom can get soggy.  The second suggestion is to rotate the screens pretty regularly, and check on them, even at 250 it is easy to burn one if you leave it in too long.

I agree with the screens but if you do not have many of them I put the pizza directly on the oven shelves; i can usually get three 10-11 inch pies per shelf and I have four that came with the oven.  Also I have a warming setting that sits at 200.
tom

pizzapan