Author Topic: 5 most popular pizza toppings in the world  (Read 647 times)

Offline danalu

• I Love Pizza!
5 most popular pizza toppings in the world
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »

What ingredients come to your mind when you think of pizza? Countertop soft and fluffy or thin and crispy cheese that stretches strips and spicy sauce or sweet ? This is basic. What makes it different than any other pizza toppings you , and some are more popular than others.

One. Pepperoni

It is estimated that 36 % of applications have pepperoni pizza in the list of ingredients . Pepperoni is a type of sausage made ​​of sheep meat in a proportion of 55 % , the rest being pork . Dozens of scraps of meat to meet in its composition , which means 40-45 percent fat.

Two. Italian sausage

They contain as least 65 percent pork and have a fat content of not higher than 35 percent. Are seasoned with salt, black pepper and fennel seeds.

Three. Ham

Number three of carnivores choices, we found the ham . Light and juicy, so it combines well with salty ingredients , and pineapple jam for lovers of exotic recipes .

Four. Minced meat

Minced meat , especially beef or pork mixture , very similar to that used in hamburgers or spaghetti bolognese is appreciated worldwide consistency pizza lovers .

Five. Chicken and Seafood

The chicken is usually prepared and seasoned according to taste , while seafood have a specific taste that give a distinct flavor to the pizza . From crab meat , calamari , anchovies, clams, shrimp, seafood list goes on. In some European countries such as Germany ,  the most popular topping is the tone . In Japan shrimp are highly demanded .

Other popular pizza toppings are mushrooms , more cheese, green peppers and onions . But keep the preferences and tastes are shaped by culture gourmands . In India and Pakistan, for example, pickled ginger is quite popular, as well as the seasoned chicken in a traditional way , which is called "tikka" .

Japanese prefer "Mayo Jaga" ( mayonnaise, potato and bacon ) and the French frambe with bacon, onion and fresh cream . Brazilians are crazy peas and pineapples Australians choose your favorite topping .

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:43:09 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline Seven

Re: 5 most popular pizza toppings in the world
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
I doubt we're seeing much sheep meat pepperoni in the US  :o

Offline anverc

• Supporting Member
  • gameplay engineer / pizza maker
    • sourdough utility app
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 11:55:07 AM »
this seems to be copy/pasted from here: http://pizzatoppingsx.com/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:29:59 PM by anverc »
i'm making a pizza utility app.  check it out and give suggestions! http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=30444.0

Offline Davydd

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »
I think several sources have advanced that pepperoni is by far the most popular topping on a pizza at least in the United States. However, I did not see any pepperoni on any menu in Rome and Naples, Italy.
Davydd

Offline dmckean44

• pizza pizza
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 04:29:11 PM »
I'm sure there is pizza made with spicy dry salami in Naples and Rome. It would never be called pepperoni on a menu in Italy because it would be confused with Peperoni, a variety of pepper. As far as I'm concerned, hot soppressata is pepperoni.

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 05:16:05 PM »
Hot sopressata and Peppadews is my favorite (at the moment).
Chaz

Offline Davydd

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 06:32:38 PM »
I'm sure there is pizza made with spicy dry salami in Naples and Rome. It would never be called pepperoni on a menu in Italy because it would be confused with Peperoni, a variety of pepper. As far as I'm concerned, hot soppressata is pepperoni.
Yes, you can define pepperoni anyway you desire, but there were no pizzas with the half dozen samplings I had in Rome and Naples with the type of pepperoni sold pre-packaged in our grocery stores, on every frozen pizza claiming pepperoni, or what is sold in most all the chain pizzerias. That's what I meant. Pepperoni is pretty well defined in the USA.
Davydd

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 07:17:24 PM »
I wonder if cheese is considered a topping and why it's not on the list at #1?
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Mdvpc

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 08:40:53 AM »
Chorizo from the farmer's market here in San Antonio