Author Topic: What style is that pizza?  (Read 157 times)

Offline berk

• I Love Pizza!
What style is that pizza?
« on: Yesterday at 07:59:12 AM »
Hi all what style is this pizza ?Can you  be called  "pizza"?This is a fast and quick recipe with very large amount of yeast.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: What style is that pizza?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:39:18 AM »
berk,

I would best describe the pizza as an "emergency" or "short time" Neapolitan style pizza. However, at an oven temperature of 220 degrees C, or 428 degrees F, you will not get an authentic Neapolitan bake. 00 flours can produce a nice tasting crust so the pizza may be edible and maybe even enjoyable. But it won't be a true Neapolitan experience.

For other emergency Neapolitan style pizza doughs, you might look at the Neapolitan section at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=8297.msg71576#msg71576.

Peter

Offline berk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:16:23 AM »
Hi, Pete-zza,i  reading  forum few months ago  and  am aware of the preparation of authentic Neapolitan pizza.A few years ago I started making pizza exactly this recipe.But thanks to the forum, I learned many things.As you said this is emergancy pizza Dough,which is suitable when we want pizza within a few hours.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:26:59 AM »
Gennaro and Jamie are fun to watch, I have followed them both for years. Saw Jamie Oliver in person long time ago on his visit to Napa, Ca. They both make fun videos, entertainment is the key here, IMHO.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline berk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:39:47 AM »
Yes, Gennaro and Jamie are fun to watch .They  offer recipes that are easy and accessible to a wide audience of people.