Author Topic: Trenton Area Pizza Shops are gone or relocated!  (Read 555 times)

Offline petef

Trenton Area Pizza Shops are gone or relocated!
« on: March 22, 2014, 02:45:08 AM »
All the best known "Trenton Pizza" shops have moved out of Trenton!
Delorenzo's and Papa's were the oldest and most famous.

* Delorenzo's Pizza shop relocated to Sloan Ave. in Hamilton
http://www.delorenzospizza.com/

* Delorenzo's Tomato Pies and Papa's Tomato Pies are now in Robbinsvillle
http://www.delorenzostomatopies.com/index2.html
http://www.papastomatopies.com/

* A relatively new shop, Coreleone's makes a great Tomato pie!
Located on Olden Ave, Hamilton, (My personal favorite for Tomato Pies!)
http://www.corleone1270.com/

* Another brand new Neapolitan Style shop opened in Bordentown City!!!
I recently had my first Neapolitan style pizza here and it was great!
My friend told me they liked it better than Nomad Pizza of Hopewell, NJ.
http://www.vaultpizzeria.com/

Let's get some of our people out to review these pizza shops.
Or.. Tell us your favorite pizza shop in the Trenton or surrounding areas.

---pete---
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 03:12:19 AM by petef »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Trenton Area Pizza Shops are gone or relocated!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 08:41:28 AM »
Pete,

I did review some of those pizzerias around Trenton, NJ at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=25251.msg254482#msg254482  My favorite pizzerias were De Lorenzo's in Robbinsville and Joey's Pizza in Hamilton.

Did you ever take photos at Coreleone's?

Norma

edited post:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:59:12 AM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Fire-n-smoke

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 09:25:35 AM »
I have been trying to get to DeLorenzo's on Sloane but everytime I go by they are closed  :(  I'll keep trying though.  Also when I went to Nomad's in Hopewell it has been hit and miss; more hits than misses though.
As for when the weather gets nice and we can sit outside, my wife and I like going into New Hope (11 miles north of Trenton and across the river from Lambertville on the PA side) and have pizza and beer at Fran's on Main Street.  It's the place with a ton of motorcycles in front.  Great place to sit outside, enjoy good pizza and cold beer, and watch "the show" (of people) walking up and down the sidewalks.
tom
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:30:52 AM by Fire-n-smoke »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 09:47:36 AM »
I have been trying to get to DeLorenzo's on Sloane but everytime I go by they are closed  :(  I'll keep trying though. 
tom

Tj,

De Lorenzo's on Sloan is now permanently closed. 

Norma

Offline petef

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 11:18:39 AM »
Did you ever take photos at Coreleone's?

Here's a pic of Coreleone's Tomato Pie.

Offline petef

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »
Pete,
I did review some of those pizzerias around Trenton, NJ at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=25251.msg254482#msg254482  My favorite pizzerias were De Lorenzo's in Robbinsville and Joey's Pizza in Hamilton.

Norma, my memory must be failing me because I read the thread above and see now I forgot all the great pics you posted from Joey's Pizza. So yeah, let's add Joey's Pizza to the list of great pizza shops in the "Trenton & surrounding" areas.

Norma, next time you are down this way make sure you check out The Vault (Neapolitan style) Pizza in Bordentown City. It's about 5 miles south of Joey's Pizza. I can't give it a detailed review because it's only the Neapolitan style pizza I ever had and I don't have anything to compare it to. It seemed really good to me. :)

---pete---

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:31:01 AM by petef »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 12:04:22 PM »
Here's a pic of Coreleone's Tomato Pie.

Pete,
Thanks for the photo of Coreleone's Tomato Pie.  It looks delicious!  ;D

Norma, next time you are down this way make sure you check out The Vault (Neapolitan style) Pizza in Bordentown City. It's about 5 miles south of Joey's Pizza. I can't give it a detailed review because it's only the Neapolitan style pizza I ever had and I don't have anything to compare it to. It seemed really good to me. :)

---pete---

If I get to the Trenton area again I will try to get to visit the Vault.  I have experienced pretty many Neapolitan pizzas and Craig's is my favorite.  I am going to NJ tomorrow, but not in the Trenton area.  Of course I will eat pizza.  ;D

Norma

Offline petef

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 09:04:26 AM »
Add one more to the list of great pizza in the Robbinsville area... Massimo's
www.massimoscucina.com

I wasn't even aware that Massimo's made Neapolitan Style pizza until yesterday when I was talking with someone about The Vault Pizza (Bordentown, NJ). Massimo's are CERTIFIED (Neapolitan) and the online reviews indicate they do it right.

Anyone here ever tried Massimo's Neapolitan style pizza?

---pete---

Offline BenLee

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 08:09:58 AM »
Papa's moved to Robbinsville, but I would avoid it.  Delorenzo's is much better and a block away.  The service is better.  And, Papa's has this new thing where they don't offer water.  They force you to buy bottles.  Very weird atmosphere.

Offline petef

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 03:20:40 AM »
Papa's moved to Robbinsville, but I would avoid it.  Delorenzo's is much better and a block away.  The service is better.  And, Papa's has this new thing where they don't offer water.  They force you to buy bottles.  Very weird atmosphere.

I previously had Papa's pizza just once about 2 years ago when they were in Trenton. I liked it a lot and thought they made a more robust pie than Delorenzo's in Robbinsville. It had a thicker crust and was more filling. Then just a few weeks ago, I tried the new Papa's in Robbinsville and it seemed that they changed their pie to more closely resemble Delorenzo's. It difficult for me to judge because I've only had Papa's pizza 2 times. I'm just wondering if anyone else felt that Papa's pizza has changed since they moved to Robbinsville.

I usually order my pies as take out and I was happy with Papa's service. No wait time to order and about 15 minutes wait time.

I haven't been to Delorenzo's in Robbinsville in a long time. How is their take out service these days? (wait times)

---pete---

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:23:49 AM by petef »

Offline Fire-n-smoke

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 09:28:06 AM »
Tj,

De Lorenzo's on Sloan is now permanently closed. 

Norma

Norma,
I was in the area making a wine pick up and saw that De Lorenzo's on Sloane Ave is open; place was mobbed!  Wish I had time to stop but didn't.  Looks like a road trip is coming up this week!  :)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 01:12:24 PM »

Norma,
I was in the area making a wine pick up and saw that De Lorenzo's on Sloane Ave is open; place was mobbed!  Wish I had time to stop but didn't.  Looks like a road trip is coming up this week!  :)

Fire-n-smoke,

If you like, you can see the photos that I posted of De Lorenzo's Robbinsville starting at Reply 323 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=25401.msg275390#msg275390  I then also posted photos of De Lorenzo's on Sloan at Reply 330  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=25401.msg275421#msg275421  I don't know why I did not put those write-ups and photos under Pizzeria and Restaurant Reviews.  As you can see Bill and I did like De Lorenzo's in Robbinsville a lot better than De Lorenzo's on Sloan. 

Which ever De Lorenzo's you decide to take a road trip to I think all of us would be interested in what you think.   ;D

I still intend to try to make another attempt on a De Lorenzo's Robbinsville tomato pie.  I am trying to see if different things might work better in my BS first.

Norma