Author Topic: New mixer questions  (Read 5369 times)

Offline SteveB

• I Love Pizza!
Re: New mixer questions
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 11:33:11 AM »
KAidVerne, in terms of new models, has KitchenAid ever considered marketing a true countertop spiral mixer.  Such a mixer would be perfectly suited to mixing high gluten doughs, such as pizza or bread doughs.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 07:19:23 PM »
Bill,  please try calling our customer service again.  The majority of people have excellent experiences, and you may have just hit a bad time from a call volume standpoint.

Thank you, Verne. I withdraw my complaint about KA customer support. I tried again to call and after negotiating the menus, I immediately got a human who offered to replace the broken knob free of charge even though the mixer is out of warranty. My advice to others is to try to go through the phone support because the email support seems to be non-existent.

Bill/SFNM

Offline KAidVerne

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 11:53:57 AM »
SteveB,  KitchenAid has not really ventured yet into "specialty" or commercial-oriented appliances yet.  Specifically to your question, no we have not considered a spiral mixer.  I'm not sure what size market would really exist for this, and with all big companies, we have more projects in front of us than people to execute.