I've been making pizzas for the last several months using Glutenboys recipe.
I've followed his procedure pretty precisely, however have been mixing by hand as I don't have a kitchen aid. I've been extremely happy with the results and haven't had much interest in branching out, however I am very keen to try to figure out the ideal way to freeze this dough.
I have tended to keep these doughs in the refrigerator for anywhere from 5 to 9 days. Haven't tried cooking them before 5 days, but they seem like they would be pretty useable after about 3 days.
I've been reading a few posts here and there about peoples experiences in freezing dough. Has anyone had any experiences with this formulation and freezing?
I figure the options I have are:
- freeze immediately after balling (but then have 5+ days in the fridge afterwards)
- have 3-4 days cold ferment in the fridge then freeze. 1-3 days in fridge afterwards)
- have 6-8 days cold ferment in the fridge then freeze. overnight in fridge then use)
- also the option of doubling/tripling the yeast in the dough. Adding ascorbic acid and other dough strengtheners.
- should there be any change at the bulk rise stage?
Very interested in other peoples experiences with freezing dough, and specifically with doughs that are designed for a long slow fermentation process.