Author Topic: New Blackstone oven version 2!  (Read 1615 times)

Offline flyhigh123

• I Love Pizza!
New Blackstone oven version 2!
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:25:46 AM »
Just got the new blackstone oven with some adjustments. As mentioned earlier they added a propane tank holder, a small caddy on the front and updated the handles.

The unboxing took longer than expected.

First problem was that there was NO instructions included with the shipment.

I searched everywhere but it's frustrating trying to put something together without any idea how to.

Piece by piece I figured it out, not that difficult, and got it assembled. One of the handles didn't align up perfectly so took a while to get it screwed in.

The only peeve I have is that the oven does not stand flat. Only 3 of the wheels touch the ground at any given time. The 4th wheel is about a half inch off.

Any ideas on how to level the oven? Can I bend it?

Anyways, looking forward to getting some pizzas running!

Here are some pics! I can take more, just let me know what you would like to see.

Offline Wildhorse1966

• I Love Pizza!
Re: New Blackstone oven version 2!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 04:22:32 AM »
congrats on the new oven!!

where did you order it and what did you end up paying

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 07:08:51 AM »
I would bend the leg that was too high inward to try to get it touch the ground .   Nice looking oven.   

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:50:45 AM »

First problem was that there was NO instructions included with the shipment.

The only peeve I have is that the oven does not stand flat. Only 3 of the wheels touch the ground at any given time. The 4th wheel is about a half inch off.  Any ideas on how to level the oven? Can I bend it?

The owners manual is on Blackstone's site here: http://blackstoneproducts.com/manuals/1575_PatioOvenManual-0114.pdf

The wheels have a screw adjustment on the bottom for leveling.

Dave

Offline flyhigh123

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 04:14:27 PM »
congrats on the new oven!!

where did you order it and what did you end up paying

i bought it from blackstone direct. as for the price, not sure if i can post it up, but if you call im sure itll be the same :D

Offline Yeller

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 05:50:27 PM »
Verrrry Interesting for sure.... Shows the lower shelve as a 20lb gas can rack.. Funny because I have a 5 lb can hooked up to mine..

Offline flyhigh123

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 11:07:15 PM »
mine is a 20lb when full.... its pretty much the standard propane tank used for bbq

Offline slybarman

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 08:33:40 AM »
It would be nice if version 1 owners could buy just the propane shelf and retro fit.

Offline Extelleron

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 12:10:58 PM »
i bought it from blackstone direct. as for the price, not sure if i can post it up, but if you call im sure itll be the same :D

Did you call up Blackstone and ask them to order it directly, or did you order it through griddle guru? I think in the main Blackstone thread someone had contacted Blackstone asking where to buy the new model, they said to buy directly to ensure getting the newest one; and Tampa suggested that meant ordering through griddle guru.

I'm thinking of ordering an oven now but I'd like to make sure I get the newest one.

(edit: I see from reading more that griddle guru & Blackstone are affiliated so that clears things up)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:21:18 PM by Extelleron »

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 01:25:45 PM »

I'm not aware of any rule preventing you from disclosing your purchase price.  We do have a policy of no advertising unless you are a Supporting Member. 

Unaffiliated members are allowed to post on special prices from time to time.  In fact, we allowed several of those posts in the Blackstone and Cabelas threads since the BS oven was introduced about a year ago.  Flyhigh, you might consider posting on those threads going forward to keep things tidy.  For example, I did a review of your oven on reply 3610 (http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=25127.msg302962#msg302962), as did member Smokeat before me.
The more happy members we have Pizza Making, the better the community. :chef:

Dave

Offline flyhigh123

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 02:24:34 PM »
Ah ok, I called blackstone and wanted the new one. They said they just got in a shipment that day so I ordered it direct.

Price:$369 shipped, no tax for me! Call them and order!

Offline Smokeat

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 03:51:51 PM »
Ah ok, I called blackstone and wanted the new one. They said they just got in a shipment that day so I ordered it direct.

Price:$369 shipped, no tax for me! Call them and order!

Great news for those who insist on the newest version! Thanks for sharing that with us, flyhigh123. Looking forward to seeing some of your pies, as well as your review of the oven. Dave

Offline flyhigh123

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 04:03:58 PM »
ive been tinkering and trying, but nothing worthy of pics yet... lol... lots of questions though... i really wanted the oven but didnt want to wait for vendors to get it. Win win for them since they get to pocket the additional profit...

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 04:59:51 PM »
It would be nice if version 1 owners could buy just the propane shelf and retro fit.
Sly, BS general policy has always been that you can order any part that you want and the prices are quite reasonable in my experience ($20 stone, $20 gas valve, etc.).  I'm not saying that they have inventory on this version (maybe), or that the mounting holes line up (I don't know).
Dave

Offline slybarman

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 05:01:11 PM »
I emailed them the other day to inquire. I will share their reply if I get one.

Offline halfprice

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 07:13:48 PM »
I emailed them the other day to inquire. I will share their reply if I get one.

Please do any thanks for doing this.  I would get one also if it fits.

Jerry

Offline Just BS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »
Wow, I contacted Blackstone thru facebook and on March 21st they replied that the new model wouldn't be available for "several months".... so I ordered a now 'older' model. Unfriggen believable. SMH

Offline Just BS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 03:57:06 PM »
Here's a screen shot

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 04:30:33 PM »
Wow, I contacted Blackstone thru facebook and on March 21st they replied that the new model wouldn't be available for "several months".... so I ordered a now 'older' model. Unfriggen believable. SMH
I sent you a personal message.  Not sure you saw it as I received no reply.  Let me know.

I don't understand why your wrote "Unfriggen believable".  I have both the first generation Blackstone oven and a later version with the 1575 model on the box.  The later version has the propane hole in the single bottom tray.  Maybe it is just confusion again, but I find it quite believable that Blackstone is shipping model 1575.  (The versions bake the same, so I'm not sure they changed the model numbers.)

Hopefully you are aware that we are a volunteer community of people helping each other and we generally try to keep things rather upbeat.  If you have a specific issue, such as not knowing how to adjust the shaft collar, please phone Blackstone at the number listed in your manual.  Alternatively, use the search feature (preferably advanced search in the button on the upper left) to help yourself.  If, after trying these things, you are unable to solve your problem, then kindly post a question.  It is likely that someone will step up to help.  But as you wrote on the Blackstone post "it is what is is".  Many people have found help through this forum and thus felt duty-bound to "pay it forward".  Hopefully this is your feeling as well.

Dave

Offline Just BS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 10:32:28 AM »
Dave,
Yes I got your mssg and didn't reply because I didn't think there was any question. I get what you're saying. I don't have any desire to get into a pissing match with you as I will no doubt lose....and I would very much like to remain a member here.
I also understand that this is a volunteer internet community and I can see why you would like it to stay "friendly". I know I can come across as harsh. I will try and tone it down. However I would like to think that this forum would welcome all opinions, both good and bad, and allow its member to decide for themselves what is Good and bad. One person's negative critique of Blackstone does not diminish their product by much. If there are multiple problems with the company,  so be it...

As far as me finding it, "unfriggen believable" because this post dated a week after my correspondence with Blackstone stating that their will be no new models for "several months" is titled, "New B.S. Oven Version 2". The model I received did not come with the propane tank holder nor any other (possibly minor) upgrades. That is what I find unbelievable, yet only part of the reason I am not a satisfied customer.

I hope this addresses your questions and concerns and clears the air a bit.

Brett

PS ~ I didn't call Blackstone's support regarding the collar issue because it was after their operating hours.

pizzapan