Author Topic: Bianco's Wiseguy  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Peteg

• I Love Pizza!
Bianco's Wiseguy
« on: May 07, 2006, 09:51:46 PM »
Here's my version of Chris Bianco's "Wiseguy".  This was my first attempt at the wiseguy and I will certainly be making it again very soon.  Lately I've been piecing together pieces of information about his pizza.  Here's what I have so far:

- He uses his own fresh san marzano's and Sicilian oregano
- He makes his own mozzarella everyday
- His dough is only flour, salt yeast, and water
- The flour is Giusto’s mill in San Fran (High Gluten prob.?)
- He kneads his dough by hand and allows it to ferment at room temp for a number of hours before placing it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- He uses a chef from yesterdays dough.
- He uses fresh cake yeast.
- He has a custom made Italian brick oven that I don't have.
- He doesn't know how to cook a pizza on his oven's clean cycle.

So that's what I know so far.  If anyone can add anything to the above list, I would love to hear from you.  I would specifically like to learn more about his dough management and what type of specific tomato he's growing.  Take care, Pete

Offline JerryMac

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Bianco's Wiseguy
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 03:07:40 PM »
Pete,

What is on the pie. I know it has sausage. What types of chese ? What about herbs?

Thanks;
Jerry

Offline Peteg

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Bianco's Wiseguy
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 10:59:34 PM »
Jerrymac,
               That pie had smoked fresh Grande Mozz, roasted onions, and italian sausauge.  I did throw some fresh basil, oregano, and garlic on there as well as drizzling some roasted garlic olive oil for flavor.  It's one of my favorite pies to make because of how flavorful it is.   Take care, Pete

pizzapan