Author Topic: Tonight's Pie  (Read 770 times)

Offline SlimTheMan

• I Love Pizza!
Tonight's Pie
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:12:38 PM »
Monday afternoon I made a batch of Pizza Inn Original Thin at work and after reading about the 48hr cold fermenting I thought I would give it a try...after mixing the big batch I removed enough to do 2 med shells and threw it in a small container, let sit at room temp for an hour, apx 78F in our kitchen...put in fridge for 48hrs...pulled out today and let it come up to temp for an hour...was still cold and hard...so I cheated and placed it on top of our dish washing machine to warm up a little faster....should have taken the temps of the dough at certain points, maybe next time...

As every oven cooks differently, I'm still trying to find the best way to cook in my home oven...
Tonight's pie was baked at 480F on lower rack for 6 minutes...rotated 180 every 2 minutes...Put on top rack to brown the cheese a little with the broiler...after the 2 minutes I realized I didn't hit the start button for the broiler, lol....broiled for another minute...I feel if I had gotten the broiler on the first time the pie would have been better...live and learn...

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Re: Tonight's Pie
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »
Looks good.  Just remember every time you open that oven about 100 degrees escapes.  1 rotation after 3 mins would probably suffice.

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline SlimTheMan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 07:57:35 PM »
See Picture below...similar setup at work...

When you get used to a commercial oven, it's hard to get the same results at home...this pie was the closest I've come at home...of course I don't cook a couple of hundred pies through my oven at home a day, lol...

Offline SlimTheMan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 12:11:59 AM »
After much work on my thin recipe...the new mixer...thought I'd make a cheese pizza just to get an idea of the taste of the dough...had to improvise on a roller...left the cheese grater at work, so had to grind the cheese in my small blender...bout to toss in the oven...

Offline SlimTheMan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 12:50:55 AM »
Baked up alright...looking forward to tomorrows pies...