Author Topic: Mighty Pizza Stone (MPS) back on Kickstarter  (Read 1886 times)

Offline shuboyje

Re: Mighty Pizza Stone (MPS) back on Kickstarter
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 11:52:59 AM »
Maybe explain the legs a bit better and what they bring to the table.  They look like a well thought out well made add on, but I for one don't get their purpose.  I assumed the mps would sit on the grill grate for whatever grill you have, is this to raise the stone into the "dome" and closer to the heat?  The picture with the charcoal grill also confused me.  It may just look deceiving, but it appears that the grill is choked full with about a years worth of charcoal.  That could turn off a buyer if they see it the same way and thinks mps takes that much to run.
-Jeff

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Vendor
    • MightyPizzaOven.com
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 03:40:03 PM »
I assumed the mps would sit on the grill grate for whatever grill you have, is this to raise the stone into the "dome" and closer to the heat?

That's right plus few more potential uses

The leg base: It can be screwed directly to the MPS. It will help keep MPS ˝” off the grill grates to keep it away from the grease on the grill grates and to keep it clean. Also, it will make it easier to place or slide on the grill grates.

Leg extensions: It will fit between MPS and the leg base mentioned above. This will allow raising MPS 3” higher. It will bring MPS closer to your grill cover which gets hotter, which will reduce your baking time. And potentially use the space below MPS to cook some foods while making pizza.

Two leg extensions: You can add more extensions to increase MPS’s legs length by 3” increments. For example, use two legs extension to raise MPS by 6”, to place firewood under MPS and use MPS as a standalone outdoor cooking device.

This is useful for cooking while camping. You can use the MPS heat diffuser with legs to cook food over a wood fire. Instead of the stone you can place any pan and cook your meal as you would cook on a stove top. This is a much lighter and less expensive option than using cast iron pots and pans. The heat diffuser will diffuse the heat from the wood placed right under MPS which you can adjust the heat by adjusting the three screws and gap between your pan and the MPS heat diffuser.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:42:28 PM by MightyPizzaOven »
Bert

Mighty Pizza Stone - Pre-Order Now on Indegogo InDemand
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mighty-pizza-stone-perfect-pizza-on-your-grill/x/14692477#/

Baking perfect pizza & bread on your grill is fast, fun, simple with the Mighty Pizza Stone

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Vendor
    • MightyPizzaOven.com
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 03:48:21 PM »
The picture with the charcoal grill also confused me.  It may just look deceiving, but it appears that the grill is choked full with about a years worth of charcoal.

I was just trying to show one potential use of the legs. I used 1.75 of a weber chimney, it did choke.  I did manage to bake these pies using caputoflour. Bread flour will provide beter results.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:54:11 PM by MightyPizzaOven »
Bert

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mighty-pizza-stone-perfect-pizza-on-your-grill/x/14692477#/

Baking perfect pizza & bread on your grill is fast, fun, simple with the Mighty Pizza Stone

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2016, 01:42:05 AM »
Definitely promoting and selling is not my thing

Baking pizza in an otherwise unmodded grill is one of the most difficult of cooking feats. That you can help someone get there for fifty bucks is pretty amazing.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Vendor
    • MightyPizzaOven.com
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2016, 06:08:21 AM »
Baking pizza in an otherwise unmodded grill is one of the most difficult of cooking feats. That you can help someone get there for fifty bucks is pretty amazing.

Thank you Craig, somehow I didn’t communicate this message well, even though I did everything I can possibly do, like a professional video thinking that what was holding my previous projects on Kickstarter from being as successful as others project’s.

I know MPS is a great and unique product, I just need figure out how I can do better job presenting it.
Bert

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2016, 09:16:37 AM »
Personally in your shoes I would be working on licensing the design to a grill manufacturer and let them market it, but that's just me.  There are a ton of stores selling every Webber accessory under the sun for instance.  You will never get in all of them.  Weber could have it in all of them easily.  Your core demographic isn't searching Kickstarter for pizza devices, it's roaming the aisles.  That's where you need to be. 
-Jeff

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Vendor
    • MightyPizzaOven.com
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2016, 09:53:16 PM »
Licensing is a good option, but my ultimate goal is to build a company, I have enough product ideas to support it, I was hoping Kickstarter will give me a better push to get there.
Bert

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Vendor
    • MightyPizzaOven.com
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2016, 09:40:56 AM »
One more note, I am not sure if licensing will allow me to use MPS as part of any future products. With MPS I am one step closer to baking safely and cheaply a neapolitan pizza on an un-moded charcoal or gas grill. I just need more  time and funds to implement.
Bert

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Vendor
    • MightyPizzaOven.com
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2016, 08:53:42 AM »
I am leaning toward including the leg bases with MPS and offer leg extensions separately.
Bert

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Vendor
    • MightyPizzaOven.com
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2016, 07:16:38 AM »
Indegogo has a nice platform called InDemand, it allow me to continue getting additional backers. Here's the link https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mighty-pizza-stone-perfect-pizza-on-your-grill/x/14692477#/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 07:34:04 AM by MightyPizzaOven »
Bert

wordpress