Author Topic: Pizza Pans  (Read 802 times)

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Pizza Pans
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 12:02:50 PM »
Norma;
What you probably read is that once the pans are properly seasoned the seasoning process will continue as the pans are used, this is seen as a continued darkening of the seasoning until almost black in color.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2016, 01:09:26 PM »
Norma;
What you probably read is that once the pans are properly seasoned the seasoning process will continue as the pans are used, this is seen as a continued darkening of the seasoning until almost black in color.

Thanks Tom!  I guess I misread about baking doughs in pans after the pan was initially seasoned.  Maybe because I am cheesing some to the edges that might also be some cause of some the sticking problems.  The bottom crust also wanted to stick too, so that might not be the whole sticking problem.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 03:52:44 PM »
Hi Tom,

These are the 3 pans I wanted to try last week.  The two standing pans I didn't use.  The pan on the bench if the one that the pizza stuck on the sides and on the bottom.

Norma

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 05:41:21 PM »
Norma;
If I'm seeing it correctly (light isn't playing tricks with the photographs) it appears that the seasoning is pretty well worn through on the pan that you tested. The other two pans appear to be a better option. It is is indeed worn seasoning you will need to continue seasoning the pan that was sticking until you see more color beginning to develop in the seasoning.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 09:56:46 PM »
Norma;
If I'm seeing it correctly (light isn't playing tricks with the photographs) it appears that the seasoning is pretty well worn through on the pan that you tested. The other two pans appear to be a better option. It is is indeed worn seasoning you will need to continue seasoning the pan that was sticking until you see more color beginning to develop in the seasoning.

Tom,

The pan laying down on the bench looked exactly like the pans standing up before one pizza was made. I agree that the pan that was used last week sure took a beating when trying to get the pizza out.  I think the other two pans will also stick if I try them.

I know my Detroit style steel pans first makes a pizza that usually stick if I re-season, but not as bad as the one last week and a few the week before.  Maybe it was Shawn Randazzo that I recall saying to bake more doughs to get the pans seasoned after the initial seasonings.

https://detroitstylepizza.com/uncategorized/how-to-properly-maintain-authentic-detroit-style-pizza-pans/ 

Norma

wordpress