Author Topic: I'm done with Kitchen Aid  (Read 14627 times)

Offline myxsix

Re: I'm done with Kitchen Aid
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 02:57:28 AM »
As to KAid Verne:

The fact that KA employees are on this site and reply to posts about mixers clearly indicates tha KA is interested in pursusing customer service and that their employees care about the products they sell. KA also has a forum section on it's website ( and KA employees are really keen on answering questions and complaints promptly. In fact, unlike Bubba, I'm not so keen on US products these days because they cost more, the quality isn't always so good but to top it off (the deciding factor), the customer service is usually terrible. Kitchen Aid is one of the few American brands to still really shine in terms of innovation, quality and customer service. I have a 5K5SS that I bought in Hong Kong and my only complaint was about cost. I'm looking at a Hobart now but fact is, if KA made commercial mixers I would probably buy one because their customer service is just so damn good!

Offline Bubba Kuhn

• A dough to dough salesman since 1967!
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 05:34:12 AM »
What pray tell is a  5K5SS ?
Share a piece with a friend!

Offline phil47952

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 09:17:39 AM »

A Bosch Universal will take care of this pronlem......   Or a DLX

Offline weaverpizza

• I enjoy hosting people in for my pizza!
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 10:45:30 AM »

I am curious about your comment on the Bosch.  I have access to both the Bosch and the DLX and it seems that when doing say a double 18" recipe in the Bosch at 63% hydration, it goes into a ball and sort of wobbles around the outside of the bowl.  The Bosch mixer can even 'walk' on the counter because of the off balance nature of the dough going round and round.

Any comment or wisdom appreciated.  Do you have good success with this machine and how?

Also for Les, You have had both the KA and now the DLX.  I is a great mixer but Perhaps naively I long for the spiral dough hook to quickly and properly knead pizza dough like most pizzerias.  They use a spiral hook on large hobarts.

Perhaps it is key for me to use the great equipment I have access to and 'knead' 66-80% of the flour as many have said and use autolyse together to make dough in my existing equipment.

When I do 10-16 pizzas for a group though I want something fast.  Then when I do one at home in the larger mixers the small dough ball in the DLX or Bosch seems to thunk around and not really knead.    But do I keep a KA around only for the singles and double recipes.  Seems a pity.

Advise appreciated.  Thank you, Mike in VA