Author Topic: Blackstone Pizza Oven, 10 months later.  (Read 881 times)

Offline barryvabeach

Blackstone Pizza Oven, 10 months later.
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:16:51 PM »
Thought I would start a new topic on my BS, which I bought in June, and have been using nearly every weekend since then.  I keep it outdoors, the first few months with a very cheap cover that did not even cover the entire top section, and after a few months, a cover that is pretty good.  I have cooked in it while raining, left it uncovered a few nights, and even covered a few times while it was still wet, because it was still raining and I didn't think it would stop raining soon.   I took it apart last night to see how it was holding up and I am pleasantly surprised.  There is a surface rust on the heat shield inside and out, and a few spots on the bracket that the platter rotates in.  A fair amount of surface rust on the platter, and the burner, but nothing that looked like it would rust through.  Photos are attached.    Eagle eyes will notice my addition to the heat shield is doing great, though I don't know that it was necessary, though my stainless steel washers are pretty discolored. I cut off the support directly over the burner shortly after I got it, not sure what that would have looked like by now.

BTW,  I also took delivery of a new one to be shipped overseas.  It is version 1.1  - it did not have the propane tank holder, but it had a red regulator, and was very well packed.  The stones were strapped to each other and foam and arrived intact.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:25:03 PM by barryvabeach »

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
Re: Blackstone Pizza Oven, 10 months later.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »
Thought I would start a new topic on my BS, which I bought in June, and have been using nearly every weekend since then.  I keep it outdoors, the first few months with a very cheap cover that did not even cover the entire top section, and after a few months, a cover that is pretty good.  I have cooked in it while raining, left it uncovered a few nights, and even covered a few times while it was still wet, because it was still raining and I didn't think it would stop raining soon.   I took it apart last night to see how it was holding up and I am pleasantly surprised.  There is a surface rust on the heat shield inside and out, and a few spots on the bracket that the platter rotates in.  A fair amount of surface rust on the platter, and the burner, but nothing that looked like it would rust through.  Photos are attached.    Eagle eyes will notice my addition to the heat shield is doing great, though I don't know that it was necessary, though my stainless steel washers are pretty discolored. I cut off the support directly over the burner shortly after I got it, not sure what that would have looked like by now.

BTW,  I also took delivery of a new one to be shipped overseas.  It is version 1.1  - it did not have the propane tank holder, but it had a red regulator, and was very well packed.  The stones were strapped to each other and foam and arrived intact.
Good idea for a post Barry.  My oven looks much the same as yours.  I did squirt a bit of barbecue paint on the inside of the outer wall recently for cosmetic purposes, but other than that, nothing.  Same bit of rust on the platter, heat shield, etc.
Dave

pizzapan