Author Topic: Notifications not working?  (Read 262 times)

Offline akuban

• Supporting Member
  • Crusty, saucy, cheesy
    • Margot's Pizza
Notifications not working?
« on: April 11, 2014, 11:37:09 AM »
I tried to find info already posted on this but didn't see anything.

I'm getting comment notifications by email only about a third to a quarter of the time that there are follow-ups after I've posted.

I check in on Pizzamaking sporadically, so I really rely on that feature to tell me there's something new in a thread I'm following.

Do I have to re-check the box with EVERY new reply I make? In other words, does a new reply's Options checkbox counteract an older ones? (Not that I think that should matter, because it seems like once you check the "Notify me" box, all other reply Notify boxes on a thread are then checked for you.)

Thanks! 

¡Hasta la pizza!

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Notifications not working?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 11:45:42 AM »
Notifications are sent only for the first unread message. You have to visit the forum to reset that counter.

For example, you are following a topic. While you are off the forum, there are 10 replies to that topic. You'll get an e-mail notification for the first reply, but not the other nine. When you visit the forum (and read those messages), the counter is reset and the cycle repeats.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline akuban

• Supporting Member
  • Crusty, saucy, cheesy
    • Margot's Pizza
Re: Notifications not working?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 12:20:53 PM »
AH! That makes sense. THANK YOU.
¡Hasta la pizza!

pizzapan