Author Topic: First WFO Made Pizza  (Read 314 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
First WFO Made Pizza
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:41:54 PM »
I've got a little electric pizza maker and like what it makes but now that I have a little more experience with pizza making (still a newbie but learning from all the help / info here) I see some things that could be improved. So I've been toying with the idea of building a WFO or getting a Blackstone to get the top heat I'm after. I've never had a WFO pizza and wondered how they compare to other cooking methods. I was in Cabo for the last 1 1/2 weeks and finally got an opportunity to try a WFO pizza made at an "Italian" restaurant there. I saw the menu had a section devoted to WFO foods and had to give it a try so I ordered a ham and cheese pizza.

Not sure if I was expecting too much or if the pizza just wasn't cooked properly but it was a disappointment. My wife ordered some pasta and she said it was very good, but her first comment about the pizza was "I like yours better". What a great wife. :)  I had to agree. The crust was plain with very little char on the rim or bottom. Almost as if it was undercooked. The underside of the pie was also covered in ash and I could taste it in every bite plus the ash got all over my hands. Not sure if that is supposed to be part of the WFO experience or if I just had a bad first WFO pie. Based on that experience it looks like I can scratch a WFO off my wish list.

Offline Sirius

• I Love Pizza!
Re: First WFO Made Pizza
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 02:55:42 PM »
Do you have picture of the pizzA?

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
Re: First WFO Made Pizza
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 04:06:25 PM »
Sorry - no pics. Camera was in the room.