Author Topic: Pizzeria Spontini  (Read 307 times)

Offline Totti

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Pizzeria Spontini
« on: April 12, 2014, 01:02:59 PM »
Hi guys,

Spontini, if you haven't been, is an institution in Milan not far from the 'Lima' metro stop. There is almost always a line out the door, and you will often here tourists complaining both about the line, and about the waitstaff who will actively hurry you out the door so others can be seated (can't have it both ways can you diners??)

The pizza, from what I have learnt since being in the forum is Sicillian in style? 2 choices on the menu, regular and I think anchovies. Pizza is served 'al trancio' by the slice for €5. Definate visit!

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: Pizzeria Spontini
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 02:30:23 PM »
looks par baked then topped and oven finished was the sauce just tomatoes and salt or was it seasoned. . was the cheese mozzarella or provolone. looks realy good. thanks for the two reviews.it is very nice of you too keep us posted on your pizza visits

Offline Totti

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizzeria Spontini
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 03:05:03 PM »

looks par baked then topped and oven finished was the sauce just tomatoes and salt or was it seasoned. . was the cheese mozzarella or provolone. looks realy good. thanks for the two reviews.it is very nice of you too keep us posted on your pizza visits

My pleasure! Yes you are correct. Pies are par baked taken out poked and topped with what looked like slices of provolone. :) back home tomorrow that's it for Italy for another year!