Author Topic: Went to a pizza class taught by a member of the US Pizza team  (Read 18511 times)

Offline Y-TOWN

Re: Went to a pizza class taught by a member of the US Pizza team
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2006, 12:43:56 PM »
Today's results

Offline Y-TOWN

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2006, 12:45:10 PM »
hi-tech setup

Offline Y-TOWN

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2006, 12:46:51 PM »
a typical slice

Offline enob

• I Really Really Love Pizza!
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2006, 02:53:27 PM »
How did the dough rise is you used ADY and cold water?

dao

dao:
The dough never rose with the cold water test but tasted very good a little sweet for my taste, so I'm presently testing this time using warm water and a little less sugar and a 24-48 cold rise.

Offline dao

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2006, 12:37:25 PM »
enob,

My questions was about the yeast.  ADY has to be proofed or activated to be of any use, otherwise there would be no fermentation and  no need for the yeast at all. 

Regards,

dao

Offline jrceo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2006, 12:06:41 PM »
hi rkos, im trying your recipe on making 3hr dough, using baking flour from conagra. and simple ingrendients.. nothing special about them, Current status is, the dough is resting in a warm ambient temp, for one our, shortly after that ill PUNCH it and let it rest again for one hr.

Ill take pictures now of the HUNG dung dough resting..at 9:06 am pst california time.

Offline naschol

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2006, 07:01:58 PM »
So, how about the recipe for the white sauce? ;D

Nancy

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2012, 06:44:05 PM »
I decided to give this recipe a go last night. I used the "Pizzeria R" spicy drizzle oil on the rim to give the crust the illusion of flavor.  I deviated from the written handling instructions.  I used a stand mixer to combine the ingredients and then used a "stretch and fold" to create the ball.  After an hour's rest I did another stretch and fold and cooked it an hour later.

At this point in my pizza making, it seems like dough handling is almost as important as the ingredients
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Y-TOWN

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2012, 09:28:02 AM »
I decided to give this recipe a go last night. I used the "Pizzeria R" spicy drizzle oil on the rim to give the crust the illusion of flavor.  I deviated from the written handling instructions.  I used a stand mixer to combine the ingredients and then used a "stretch and fold" to create the ball.  After an hour's rest I did another stretch and fold and cooked it an hour later.

At this point in my pizza making, it seems like dough handling is almost as important as the ingredients

jsaras

I was surprised to see this old tread resurrected.

What did you think of the recipe?

I still use it weekly but cut the sugar to a little over 1 TSP

Y-Town

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »
As I recall, I was expecting the dough to feel like the typical high-hydration gloppy dough; but it was the opposite. I just added very small amounts of water until I got the typical satin ball.

The dough was OK, especially for a two-hour formulation, but I still think that the "Pizzeria R" emergency dough (3 hours) has been my favorite so far in that category.

Offline Y-TOWN

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2012, 09:04:24 AM »
As I recall, I was expecting the dough to feel like the typical high-hydration gloppy dough; but it was the opposite. I just added very small amounts of water until I got the typical satin ball.

The dough was OK, especially for a two-hour formulation, but I still think that the "Pizzeria R" emergency dough (3 hours) has been my favorite so far in that category.

Jsaras,

Would you post the link or tell me how to find that recipe. I searched for a few hours yesterday and could not find it - I'd like to try it

Thanks

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »
Pizzeria "R" refers to Boston's Pizzeria Regina.  Pizza Shark is a former employee and you can find the information here: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=post;quote=43865;topic=3736.0;num_replies=32;sesc=faa95d0f61513766d98907b9a76c9dba

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2012, 03:18:04 PM »
enob,

My questions was about the yeast.  ADY has to be proofed or activated to be of any use, otherwise there would be no fermentation and  no need for the yeast at all. 

Regards,

dao

you can just hold a small amount of the water back to use as a warm activator with the rest cold. once activated, toss it in with the rest of the recipe and you're good to go.
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

pizzapan