Author Topic: Freezing Pizza  (Read 2495 times)

Aibreanowl

Freezing Pizza
« on: April 06, 2004, 07:24:08 PM »
I'm pregnant with #3 and we want to have some GOOD pizza on hand for after the baby is born.

Can I make my thin and crispy pizza dough, pre-bake it for 4 minutes...top it and THEN freeze it?  

Anyone have any luck with freezing a WHOLE pizza???

Thanks,
Abby

Offline Wayne

Re:Freezing Pizza
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 07:30:20 PM »
I remember doing something like this awhile back with a NY style.  I didn't care for the result.  It was still a far cry better than that slop frozen pizza from the store, but the sauce just came out terrible.  I guess maybe without all the professional additives it's just not going to come out the greatest fromt he freezer.  If anyone has any tips please feel free.  I'd like to try this again if I can get it to come out better.
Trancending time, an age old battle with no victor...

An eternal struggle withthin every being...

The threads of fate which bind the very essence of existence...

Thick crust, or thin?

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 02:04:33 PM »
Feminist back off, let this real Woman come through.   8)  Three childern, how wonderful. .  We are expecting our first Grandbaby in October.

I've never tried what you suggested but  I can say I freeze my Chicago style pizza fully cooked and it comes out great straight from the freezer to a cold stove set for 375.  A Chicago really reheats well because of the added sauce.

Randy

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 02:13:22 PM »
Well since Randy hit post first, I'll just agree with him.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline itsinthesauce

• This is a sickness.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 07:33:54 PM »
The best results I've had is par-baking the entire pizza for about 5 minutes, freeze it and then bake it till done. Don't thaw it out, just put it in at 500 degrees until done. Best of luck with the new baby and the Pizza.

Aibreanowl

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 01:41:30 PM »
Thanks Everyone  ;D

We'll give it a go and see what happens.  I'm sure I'll be so glad to have a halfways decent pizza to just stick in the oven that I won't really care...

...but who knows, maybe it will be great???

Abby

pizzapan