Author Topic: Pizza cousins are back  (Read 972 times)

Offline RockyMountainPie

• I Knead Pizza!
Pizza cousins are back
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:40:37 AM »
Sal and Francis of the "Pizza Cuz" show are back with a new program on the Cooking Channel called "Pizza Masters."  Judging from the first episode, it appears that this series is similar to Pizza Cuz -- Sal and Francis travel around the country visiting pizza joints and learning a little about how the pizzas are made.

It may not be the greatest show, but I'm a sucker for any program that features pizza and people who are passionate about it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 02:53:36 AM by RockyMountainPie »

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza cousins are back
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 08:58:32 AM »
Thanks for sharing, RMP.  I need a new cooking show to watch because I'm tired of Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen.  Give me shows like DD&D and anything about pizza  :pizza:
Mary Ann

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 12:30:37 PM »
Thanks, RMP. I will look for it.
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Gosseni

Pizza cousins are back
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 09:34:08 PM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:05:58 PM by Gosseni »

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 09:50:58 PM »
I just saw the one over the weekend where they were in Nashville. I find them amusing.
Chaz

Offline Gosseni

Pizza cousins are back
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 09:54:44 PM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:06:16 PM by Gosseni »

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 12:52:33 PM »
Thanks for sharing, RMP.  I need a new cooking show to watch because I'm tired of Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen.  Give me shows like DD&D and anything about pizza  :pizza:

I agree with you  on DDD.  Fieri has a lot of people who despise him, but I find him the most NORMAL and down to earth as far as restaurant guys go.  Annoying to me, to no end, are MOST of the hosts on the show UNIQUE EATS.  If you haven't checked that show out, do.  I love that they go in depth on restaurants, but the "you MUST..", "amazing", "heavenly" and annoying foodie attitudes get under my skin.  You KNOW that as soon as a certain food fad goes away......they will NEVER pay attention to it again.

And of course, I miss the greatest cooking show of all time....Molto Mario.....got to make due with reruns......that dude can cook Italian like NO OTHER.  He is an all time great.

Offline Jdcigar

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »
The first episode of pizza masters was pretty brutal but I will try again.  I want to like a show about pizza!

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 07:08:58 PM »
I agree with you  on DDD.  Fieri has a lot of people who despise him, but I find him the most NORMAL and down to earth as far as restaurant guys go.  Annoying to me, to no end, are MOST of the hosts on the show UNIQUE EATS.  If you haven't checked that show out, do.  I love that they go in depth on restaurants, but the "you MUST..", "amazing", "heavenly" and annoying foodie attitudes get under my skin.  You KNOW that as soon as a certain food fad goes away......they will NEVER pay attention to it again.

And of course, I miss the greatest cooking show of all time....Molto Mario.....got to make due with reruns......that dude can cook Italian like NO OTHER.  He is an all time great.

I agree with you on Guy Fieri and Molto Mario.  Have you ever eaten at Del Posto?  The food is incredible!
Mary Ann

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 12:46:46 AM »
So I recorded the episode tonight where the cuz went to Memphis. Was this the 1st or 2nd episode? I tried to record the series but no can do. Hmmmmm maybe there ain't no series. I thought the show was entertaining, don't know why they changed the title from cuz to masters? Oh well.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 10:26:12 AM »
I agree with you on Guy Fieri and Molto Mario.  Have you ever eaten at Del Posto?  The food is incredible!

No, it havent.....id love to, though.  My kid is attending colombia right now, so I am making an attempt to visit NY legends........just went to EATALY this weekend......amazing place.........i tell you, those food channels have made food people, stars.........

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 11:22:23 AM »
No, it havent.....id love to, though.  My kid is attending colombia right now, so I am making an attempt to visit NY legends........just went to EATALY this weekend......amazing place.........i tell you, those food channels have made food people, stars.........

Yes, some have hit it big.  I love Eataly too!  It was so nice walking around that place with drink in hand while waiting for a table 8)
Mary Ann

Online vtsteve

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 02:22:10 AM »
I was at Eataly last summer. They had Calabrian peppers for $10/jar, but I wasn't sure they were the right ones, so I didn't pull the trigger.
They were.  :'(

Offline dbarneschi

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 10:21:45 AM »
I thought this was going to be the first episode of Pizza Cuz season 2, but I couldn't find any future episodes on my DVR. This leads me to believe that the "Memphis episode" was just a one time followup to season 1 of Pizza Cuz.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:35:48 PM by dbarneschi »

Offline chasenpse

• Battle Hill Media
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 11:30:51 AM »
I'm kind of glad they got the axe. Not because they didn't know what they were talking about or I didn't find the show material interesting, but because of the awful stereotypes they portrayed of New York Italians. Bleh.
If Tetris has taught me anything, itís that errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 03:46:05 PM »
I too am a sucker for anything pizza related but that Pizza Cousins show is just about unwatchable.  Even where pizza is concerned I have my limits.

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 09:15:20 AM »
I'm kind of glad they got the axe. Not because they didn't know what they were talking about or I didn't find the show material interesting, but because of the awful stereotypes they portrayed of New York Italians. Bleh.

Yep....being italian myself, i usually enjoy stereotype italians on tv...you know, the sopranos, etc.  I know A LOT of italian guys that are just like the two guys on Pizza cousins.....so its NOT that their mannerisms and speech if phoney.....its just.......ANNOYING.  And it looks they they try real hard to come across like steriotypical eye ties...
I guess the producers realize that, for some reason, italian americans are fasinating to the rest of the country...

but, i think youre right......ny italians are in a class of their own.  But I'll take them over Jersey Shore types ANYDAY.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:17:41 AM by gabaghool »

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 12:25:14 PM »
Yep....being italian myself, i usually enjoy stereotype italians on tv...you know, the sopranos, etc.  I know A LOT of italian guys that are just like the two guys on Pizza cousins.....so its NOT that their mannerisms and speech if phoney.....its just.......ANNOYING.  And it looks they they try real hard to come across like steriotypical eye ties...
I guess the producers realize that, for some reason, italian americans are fasinating to the rest of the country...

but, i think youre right......ny italians are in a class of their own.  But I'll take them over Jersey Shore types ANYDAY.

I never saw the show but can imagine the guys.  I have to say south NJ residents are much mellower than the ones I grew up with in Essex County which is a few miles from NYC.  In fact most people just outside of NYC that live in NJ take their annual vacation at the NJ shore and are very relaxed.  My brother and his family live for their 1 week vacation at the shore and I miss it big time.  Nothing like wall to wall NJ hardcores on vacation- blankets of strangers touching and everyone friendly and in good moods.  Don't take my word for it, ask my wife. She is a real deal hippy born and raised in the Berkley CA scene.  She loves going to the NJ shore and forgoes her organic upbringing for all the local stuff she can eat :-D   My grandfather lived full time from the late 50's to his death at Ortley Beach (still destroyed from Sandi) in a small 2bdrm bungaloo. We spent all our summers there.  I love that place.  Walter

here is my wife, youngest brother, and me at Tino's which IMO was the best shore pie ever.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 12:49:14 PM by waltertore »