Author Topic: Meet Rocket, my custom electric Neapolitan oven.  (Read 4873 times)

Offline ccgus

• Mueller Pizza Lab
Re: Meet Rocket, my custom electric Neapolitan oven.
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2014, 05:41:40 PM »
Very nice.  I'd like to bite into that.  Are the jalapenos the burn twice variety, or just fun?  I've had both, but I prefer fun.  Love the underside color.
Dave

Thanks!  Burn twice?  I'm not sure what that is, but I don't think so.  They came out of a jar :|

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2014, 05:55:28 PM »
Details from today's lunch.  The oven is going strong.

This pie was made w/ leaven, bulk raise for 14 hours and then balled 3.5 hours.  45 second bakes.

What kind of cheese is that? When I bake a 45 second pie, my cheese barely starts to melt - yours is not only fully melted, it's browning.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2014, 06:05:08 PM »
What kind of cheese is that? When I bake a 45 second pie, my cheese barely starts to melt - yours is not only fully melted, it's browning.

Interested to know as well.. i can tell you that last night i tried very small torn buffalo mozz...less than half the size i usually use and it liquefied in 60 seconds where as if i leave them at olive size i van get a ball shape at around 70 seconds.. ;D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2014, 06:10:22 PM »
Thanks!  Burn twice?  I'm not sure what that is, but I don't think so.  They came out of a jar :|
They go in, they go out. Mouth burn.... good, other end...not so good.  ;)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline ccgus

• Mueller Pizza Lab
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2014, 11:52:44 PM »

It's shredded mozzarella.  In this case, Lucerne is the brand, and it comes in a little loaf which I shred up myself (the usual cheese I get was out of stock, and I can't remember the name).

Offline ccgus

• Mueller Pizza Lab
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2014, 11:55:59 PM »
They go in, they go out. Mouth burn.... good, other end...not so good.  ;)

I should have gotten that.  But no, only a single burn as I've built up quite a tolerance over the years (and I add Secret Aardvark Drunken Jerk sauce to it as well to give it more heat: http://www.secretaardvark.com/products/ )

Offline ccgus

• Mueller Pizza Lab
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2014, 11:59:04 PM »
Here's a pic of the salami and jalapeņo pie before it was baked.

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2014, 08:40:44 AM »
Here's a pic of the salami and jalapeņo pie before it was baked.
Nice looking pie before the bake.  I thought it was pepperoni, but salami with aardvark is even enticing.

Dave

Offline ccgus

• Mueller Pizza Lab
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2014, 05:55:28 PM »
Random out loud thoughts: I've been thinking lately that I might try and encase everything in a bigger Weber (like Iowamcnabb is doing over here: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=32855.0 ).  Not because I want a bigger cooking area, but rather because I want more insulation to keep the outside from getting so hot, which would also hopefully keep things hotter inside, and maybe I could bring the wattage down from 2200 to something like 1800.  Things might become a bit unwieldy though, when trying to lift the lid off.  I might have to build a contraption to take the lid off like the old wild rise oven used to.

Anyway, here are some more recent pies, 45 seconds each (I use a little timer to know when to take the lid off).  A mix of natural leaven and yeast. (And by mix I mean, a couple were natural leaven, and a couple were yeast.  Never in the same dough :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:01:59 PM by ccgus »

pizzapan