Author Topic: BS Delivery and Flour Source on Long Island  (Read 239 times)

Offline lifevicarious

BS Delivery and Flour Source on Long Island
« on: May 12, 2014, 12:25:04 PM »
Hi everyone,

Long time reader, seldom poster. But just wanted to let people know I had my BS delivered today from Griddle Guru. I found it packed well and both stones are perfect. Will be putting together later today with pizza in about 2 days.

Also, if you are on Long Island or plan to be, DiCarlo distributors (exit 63) sells a 55# bag of Caputo 00 for $45 from their cash and carry store. I saw an old post here that mentioned it, but wanted to confirm that they do still carry it. If you are going to get it though, call ahead so they can pull it out of the warehouse (i kind of got yelled at for not doing that, even though I wasn't told to do so).

As a disclaimer, not affiliated with Grill Guru or DiCarlo.

Offline pnicefor

Re: BS Delivery and Flour Source on Long Island
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 03:39:32 PM »
Thanks for the info, that is a good price?  How is the expiration date?  Where is DiCarlo distributors located?  Some Fairway's on Long Island carry the Antimo Caputo tipo "00" 2.2lb bag ( Red Bag) for 2.99.  The dates are pretty good (Jan/ 2015).
EXCERCISE
EX ● ER ● CISE
EX ● AR ● SIZE
EGGS ● ARE ● SIDES
FOR BACON

Offline trosenberg

• Lifetime Member
  • Burning Desire for Pizza
Re: BS Delivery and Flour Source on Long Island
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 09:46:51 PM »
DiCarlo is a big time distributor & I doubt they let inventory get stale dated.  They supply 1,000s of commercial accounts.
Trosenberg