Author Topic: here i go!  (Read 72 times)

Offline akhwee

• I Love Pizza!
here i go!
« on: May 13, 2014, 10:21:42 AM »
hi guys
im akhwee eating pizza in Seoul South Korea
the reason why I join this forum is to get information to cook nice pizza at home, even though so many pizzeria in city.
Korea only has few site for ingredients of pizza including dough or pepperoni etc.. as well as most home has no its own oven at kitchen.
so I want to learn to make pizza creatively with not sufficient ingredient.
then I wish I would share my recipe someday(when I achieve something good without oven or pepperoni).

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
Re: here i go!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 04:00:07 PM »
Akhwee;
Welcome to a wonderful site for learning how to make pizza at home. I am said to be the first person to introduce pizza into the Korean market in Seoul many years ago. This was well before any of the big box pizza stores ever made it to Korea and as pizza is not a part of your culture, there were not any independent operators to be found anywhere in the country. When I did my first demonstrations on making pizza I used dried squid for a topping which proved to be very popular as it gave a flavor something like anchovies, but a little more mild tasting. Since beef was quite expensive at the time we worked with seafood and chicken toppings. With the presence of the big box pizza stores most young adults have been exposed to pepperoni so I agree that it would make for a very good topping for you to experiment with. I'm not sure where you might go to find it you might be able to identify an importer. Also, be aware that there is a large food/pizza show in China (I don't remember what the scheduling is, but if you contact Mr. Steve Green at <sg@pmq.com> he will be able to direct you to someone who can provide you with the show details) the reason why I mention this is because at this show you would be exposed to many of the ingredients available for making pizzas in Asia along with many of the suppliers. I believe that Steve Green has a contact person in China that he might be able to direct you to see if she can identify any possible ingredient suppliers for you. Some of those suppliers might already in in Korea, we just need to locate them for you.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor