Author Topic: Purchasing a Take-out pizza business  (Read 524 times)

Offline r_sawa

• I Love Pizza!
Purchasing a Take-out pizza business
« on: May 15, 2014, 08:48:22 AM »
I am seriously considering purchasing a pizza business in Columbus Ohio. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - and if there are conversations about this already running, I seem unable to locate them. Please feel free to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Rick
Rick in Columbus

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
Re: Purchasing a Take-out pizza business
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:27:25 AM »
Hi Rick: I live in Granville and run a bakery/pizzeria out of newark high school that teaches special needs students entry level job skills.  I was raised in the NYC area Italian pizza/bakery world and make a NY style pizza.  Our pizzas, breads, bagels, baked goods, are on par with what I grew up with and are not found here in central OH. What kind of pizzas are made at this place, are they sheeted, what kind of dough is used, conveyor/deck oven/ etc.  Are you happy with the pizzas made there or do you want to change them?   What is the equipment onsite?  I am off summers and would be happy to offer what I can to you if what I know could be of use. You can learn about our set up below.  Walter
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:31:37 AM by waltertore »

Offline Gags

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
I am seriously considering purchasing a pizza business in Columbus Ohio. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - and if there are conversations about this already running, I seem unable to locate them. Please feel free to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Look at PMQ Think Tank FAQ's and you'll find tons of good dialogue related to this.
http://thinktank.pmq.com/threads/pmqs-think-tank-faq-list.3374/

Hope it helps and good luck if you take the plunge!
"I'd trade it all for just a little bit more"

Offline mattbau4343

• I Love Pizza!
    • Specializing in Equipment Leasing, Credit Card Processing, & Merchant Cash Advance
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:16:17 AM »
I am a former pizzeria owner who rented and purchased real estate for my business. If you would like to talk just drop me a line. I would be happy to let you bounce some ideas/thoughts off of me.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 05:05:32 PM »
Just make sure you have solid financials from the current owner, and then spend a few days outside verifying the numbers by hand. Numbers never lie.

pizzapan