Author Topic: Sargento's Cheese  (Read 9056 times)

Offline Crusty

• It's all about CRUST
Re: Sargento's Cheese
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2005, 12:35:57 PM »

I once thought that Sargento's really could not be beat for making NY Style Street pies.  But after following many threads on this forum that all led to Grande I thought I should at least give it a try. 

Net: Grande is awesome.  I am making pies that truly resemble NY Style Street pies  I have no interest in using Sargento again.  I use Grande 100 Whole Milk - shredded.

Regards,

Crusty

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2005, 01:07:17 AM »
I agree with with all the comments about Grande being the best.  Sargento and Kraft are not on the same level at all. You can't even compare them. That's like comparing New York style to Chicago.   (http://tinyurl.com/bjgoa)
"Pizza with pineapples?  That's a cake."

Offline Atheen

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 08:18:02 AM »
but i just got my big bag of grande 50/50 mozzarella/provalone blend and DUDE

let me tell you........

NIGHT and DAY quality difference.

if you have been thinking of trying grande, do it... call vern's cheese
http://www.vernscheese.com/

Hello, I'm new to this board (first post), and I have spent a couple hours checking out recipes and ideas yesterday. (you guys rock btw). As far as this Grande cheese I keep reading about goes, I browsed the entire vernscheese.com site and could not find anything about 50/50 prov/mozz cheese. Am I missing something ?  ???

Thank you

Atheen

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 10:06:37 AM »
Atheen,

If memory serves me correct, I believe you have to call Vern's. For comparison shopping purposes, you may also want to check out PennMac (pennmac.com), which is in Pittsburgh, PA and may closer to you.  Be sure to check out shipping charges. If the cheese is not on the pennmac.com website, you should call PennMac and ask to speak with Rose, who is also a member of the forum and very helpful.

Peter

Offline Atheen

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 10:35:19 AM »
Thank you for the quick response :) I am checking pennmac.com as I post this reply  :-*

Offline ZaChaser

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 10:17:31 AM »
My favorite mix for NY style pies is a combination of whole milk Grande and shredded Stella part skim . This combination results in good flavor and also some stringy characteristics.  Grande melts quickly and becomes too greasy alone IMHO.  Poly-O is very tasty but I only like it on Neopolitan type pies.

pizzapan