Author Topic: Starters...  (Read 336 times)

Offline Camaro10

• I Love Pizza!
Starters...
« on: May 29, 2014, 05:52:50 PM »
Hey everybody its been a while since I made a NY pie and posted on the boards and man have I missed it. Life got busy with work, school, and family. I love NY pies but I think I want to start getting in to the neo world. I want to learn a lot about neo pies before I attempt. I have been reading Craigs threads and browsing around. I have a few questions I hope some of you can answer of point me in the direction.

The biggest question I have is about starters. Where to buy, how to manage and so forth.

What is the best beginner WFO?

Name a good source to buy 00 flour and the best brand. I was looking on Amazon and saw caputo red bags and blue bags. Ive been using all trumps for my new york pies.

Thanks again!! you all are a big help and Im sure I will have more questions as I will continue to read the forum and search online for education.

Offline Totti

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Starters...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 06:36:16 PM »
Wrong forum for starters/sponges but plenty of information in that forum to keep you reading!

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Starters...
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »
Name a good source to buy 00 flour and the best brand. I was looking on Amazon and saw caputo red bags and blue bags.

Don't go by bag color. More than one kind of Caputo comes in red and blue bags.
Pizza is not bread.

pizzapan