Author Topic: Revere Beach.. Reminiscing Anna's  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Gorgonzolla

• Itza Chicken!
Revere Beach.. Reminiscing Anna's
« on: June 10, 2006, 11:15:19 AM »
Just for the sake of a post I must go back to my early teens and  Reminisce Anna's Pizza of Revere Beach Massachusetts. Even earlier in my life I can remember the food vendors in the last rallys before the demise of the Boulivard. There were shops that anybody would go well out of their way today to sample the food. Anna's still in vivid memory. A sidewalk walk up window with a tiny  seating arangement inside. An ENORMOUSE mediteranian looking guy made the pizza day and night. I never heard him speak. From what I now consider was local competition betwen the three pizza shops in the area, I clearly remember you could order a slice of pizza that was 1/4 of an 18" pie. These pizzas were thin, crisp and had bubbles. I like bubbles , Perhaps this is why Anna's was my favorite. Or maybe it was just the fact that it was the closest pizza joint to the school where we we're suposed to be in class studying science. I still think it was the bubbles. Amazingly these three "Top" shops still exist today. Only in name though. Nothings the same. I'm sure management has changed hands several times and the ingredients have been cheapened to acomadate the escalating costs of running a shop today and still maintain a profit. Anna's Pizza then is still what I gauge pizza shops today with. Mmmmm.. I can still hear the crunch of that first bite!

pizzapan