Author Topic: Blackstone Napoletana  (Read 12858 times)

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Blackstone Napoletana
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 05:27:29 PM »
Fantastic looking pies, especially that white pie!  Looks like you have the BS nicely under control.  That's a much tidier chauflector than my bent cheese grater.

Anthony Mangieri was a bit of trailblazer alright.  If you have the time and the $$ you can have a week long pizza party with him in September:

Thanks Dylan...your skills inspire me to keep pushing... I've read your entire thread...Awesome work... Yes, the chauflector came out nice. I think a few more degree bends will get my basil from getting to charred...Very happy with it.. Yea , I saw that trip a couple weeks ago...would be a real incredible experience....

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 10:48:06 PM »
more..

Some great looking pies there.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 07:10:45 AM »
Some great looking pies there.

Thanks Craig... Your Pizzola and most importantly...Your baking skills..... inspire me...Your pies blow away 3 of the only Neoploitan Pizzaria's in Miami Beach... I guess it's true what they say.."Everything is better in Texas"  ;D

Thx Chris

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2014, 12:29:17 PM »
Third bake and using Craig's new recipe was amazing. Dough opened with zero effort . No need to stretch or slap at all. It was like watching Anthony from UPN open a dough ball. I actually mimicked what he does as well as did UPN bake night. I followed pretty much followed all his steps from adding the dough to the mixer as two his menu. Used buffalo for the first time and was incredible. The one i got was packed in water so i could not get that balled look like i can with the mozzarella balls i usually use but the taste...wow. Gave a couple degrees more bend to my charflector and seemed to take care of burning my basil too much. Used San Marzano  tomatoes , drained, chop pulsed in a mini food processor for 20 seconds then run threw a food mill  and a teaspoon of sea salt. All pies baked from 60-70 seconds.. was a few seconds short trying to get the balled cheese look. Very pleased with the results .....and am really starting to get a handle on the blackstone..  Oh and used dylan's method for rotating the pizza as it cooks with a turning peel..  I even played with using a little more flour as i see Anthony does and i have to say got no more burning . floor was at 815 and pretty much kept it on max for a 6 pie bake. Would turn down to 3/4 while i was inside and turned back up before i started making the next pie. didn't loose temp but 10 degrees i would say. Takes 15-20 minutes to get oven to temp. Also shot a video of how amazing easy it was to open a dough ball. Will figure out how to post that today. Thanks all for the inspiration .... ;D

Thanks Chris

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2014, 12:33:53 PM »
more....

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2014, 03:07:40 PM »
Glad to see the recipe is working well for you!
Pizza is not bread.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2014, 03:45:41 PM »
Glad to see the recipe is working well for you!

Thats a understatement...was night and day from last weeks...I almost feel if i should start sending you money  ;D

Thx C.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:51:21 PM by vandev »

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2014, 04:36:52 PM »
This is how easy the dough worked...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:48:10 PM by vandev »

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2014, 06:43:16 PM »
Try storing your dough on the lid of your container and use the container as a cover, learned this from Adrean at thefreshloaf.com . I posted an article about it today on my website. http://www.mightypizzaoven.com/storing-pizza-dough-a-quick-tip/
Bert,

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2014, 07:17:30 PM »
Try storing your dough on the lid of your container and use the container as a cover, learned this from Adrean at thefreshloaf.com . I posted an article about it today on my website. http://www.mightypizzaoven.com/storing-pizza-dough-a-quick-tip/

Thanks Bert, that is a great idea. If i didn't live in "Vietnam"..IE florida..I would leave out at room temperature  ....Hey Bert, great story and your invention. Are you using that on a blackstone gas grill??  :-D  Thats great. i wish you all the success and will forward you some business from friends of mine.

Thx Chris
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:29:04 PM by vandev »

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2014, 07:18:51 PM »
I wish all dad's a happy fathers day tomorrow ... ;D

Chris

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2014, 08:24:02 PM »
Your dough looks very nice. I would suggest using a bit more care when turning the dough out of your tub. When it folds over on itself like that it will definitely lower the quality of your pizza. 
Pizza is not bread.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 08:39:24 PM »
Your dough looks very nice. I would suggest using a bit more care when turning the dough out of your tub. When it folds over on itself like that it will definitely lower the quality of your pizza.

Thanks Craig..but it's yours ..I'm just ridding the coat tails here..It was like working with butter..pretty unexpected..  Thanks for the Anthony pooling thread forward. I am interested in going even further with method i used this time. I am thinking of doing a modified starter, 1/4 amount off water flour pooling mix and maybe a hour rest after what i did last time which was 20 minutes i think. Trying to inject a bit more air and lightness into it. Would love your input . Hydration seems spot on though. Thanks for the input and for sure inspiration..  Happy fathers day..!

Chris

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2014, 09:05:17 PM »
Which formula was the dough in the video?
Pizza is not bread.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »
Which formula was the dough in the video?

The last one you did a week ago...

61%, 2.8%, 2%, 24+24 @ 64F. As the 2% culture would indicate, this dough was a bit more risen than my usual formula. I think I may prefer this. Bake times were 45-50 seconds.

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2014, 09:25:04 PM »
Thanks Bert, that is a great idea. If i didn't live in "Vietnam"..IE florida..I would leave out at room temperature  ....Hey Bert, great story and your invention. Are you using that on a blackstone gas grill??  :-D  Thats great. i wish you all the success and will forward you some business from friends of mine.

Thx Chris

Thank you Chris. If you consider Florida/ Vietnam, than Houston must be the Sahara... Florida is beautiful, I will be vacationing in Fort Laureldale area during 4th of July.

Blackstone gas grill is great, I have not used it, but I have seen it at a local Academy store, it looks and feel heavy duty, not like the other product they have  ;D , no offense.
Bert,

Offline Totti

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2014, 04:43:58 AM »
Looking good, but the dough handling when it folded on itself and you pressed it down made me wince like I had been punched in the gonads :)

What size balls? They look around 250?

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2014, 01:02:22 PM »
Looking good, but the dough handling when it folded on itself and you pressed it down made me wince like I had been punched in the gonads :)

What size balls? They look around 250?

LOL ..thats funny..yea..was a bit distracted as my oven is just out side the kitchen and was asking my wife to turn it to full..  My dough handling skills are way out of touch as its been years....  Need to work on that. I actually need to work on a full hand press as well to get more uniform thickness. They where 270 actually but i think that was the runt of the litter about 260-65....  the last margarita i made was huge 13 inches .. thinking of doing 260 next time. Thanks for the input though.. appreciate it a lot .. ;D

thanks C.

Offline Qarl

• I love to cook! and eat!
    • Black Pug Brewing
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2014, 01:29:05 PM »
Where in FLorida are you?

I'm in Orlando... I use Craig's dough and a Blackstone too... great combo!

Q

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2014, 01:35:27 PM »
Where in FLorida are you?

I'm in Orlando... I use Craig's dough and a Blackstone too... great combo!

Q

South Florida near Ft Lauderdale ...  I go up to orlando area a lot.  Yes it is a great combo... ;D

C.

pizzapan