Author Topic: Blackstone Napoletana  (Read 17787 times)

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Blackstone Napoletana
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2014, 03:07:40 PM »
Glad to see the recipe is working well for you!
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2014, 03:45:41 PM »
Glad to see the recipe is working well for you!

Thats a understatement...was night and day from last weeks...I almost feel if i should start sending you money  ;D

Thx C.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:51:21 PM by vandev »

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2014, 04:36:52 PM »
This is how easy the dough worked...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:48:10 PM by vandev »

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2014, 06:43:16 PM »
Try storing your dough on the lid of your container and use the container as a cover, learned this from Adrean at thefreshloaf.com . I posted an article about it today on my website. http://www.mightypizzaoven.com/storing-pizza-dough-a-quick-tip/
Bert

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2014, 07:17:30 PM »
Try storing your dough on the lid of your container and use the container as a cover, learned this from Adrean at thefreshloaf.com . I posted an article about it today on my website. http://www.mightypizzaoven.com/storing-pizza-dough-a-quick-tip/

Thanks Bert, that is a great idea. If i didn't live in "Vietnam"..IE florida..I would leave out at room temperature  ....Hey Bert, great story and your invention. Are you using that on a blackstone gas grill??  :-D  Thats great. i wish you all the success and will forward you some business from friends of mine.

Thx Chris
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:29:04 PM by vandev »

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2014, 07:18:51 PM »
I wish all dad's a happy fathers day tomorrow ... ;D

Chris

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2014, 08:24:02 PM »
Your dough looks very nice. I would suggest using a bit more care when turning the dough out of your tub. When it folds over on itself like that it will definitely lower the quality of your pizza. 

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 08:39:24 PM »
Your dough looks very nice. I would suggest using a bit more care when turning the dough out of your tub. When it folds over on itself like that it will definitely lower the quality of your pizza.

Thanks Craig..but it's yours ..I'm just ridding the coat tails here..It was like working with butter..pretty unexpected..  Thanks for the Anthony pooling thread forward. I am interested in going even further with method i used this time. I am thinking of doing a modified starter, 1/4 amount off water flour pooling mix and maybe a hour rest after what i did last time which was 20 minutes i think. Trying to inject a bit more air and lightness into it. Would love your input . Hydration seems spot on though. Thanks for the input and for sure inspiration..  Happy fathers day..!

Chris

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2014, 09:05:17 PM »
Which formula was the dough in the video?

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »
Which formula was the dough in the video?

The last one you did a week ago...

61%, 2.8%, 2%, 24+24 @ 64F. As the 2% culture would indicate, this dough was a bit more risen than my usual formula. I think I may prefer this. Bake times were 45-50 seconds.

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2014, 09:25:04 PM »
Thanks Bert, that is a great idea. If i didn't live in "Vietnam"..IE florida..I would leave out at room temperature  ....Hey Bert, great story and your invention. Are you using that on a blackstone gas grill??  :-D  Thats great. i wish you all the success and will forward you some business from friends of mine.

Thx Chris

Thank you Chris. If you consider Florida/ Vietnam, than Houston must be the Sahara... Florida is beautiful, I will be vacationing in Fort Laureldale area during 4th of July.

Blackstone gas grill is great, I have not used it, but I have seen it at a local Academy store, it looks and feel heavy duty, not like the other product they have  ;D , no offense.
Bert

Offline Totti

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2014, 04:43:58 AM »
Looking good, but the dough handling when it folded on itself and you pressed it down made me wince like I had been punched in the gonads :)

What size balls? They look around 250?

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2014, 01:02:22 PM »
Looking good, but the dough handling when it folded on itself and you pressed it down made me wince like I had been punched in the gonads :)

What size balls? They look around 250?

LOL ..thats funny..yea..was a bit distracted as my oven is just out side the kitchen and was asking my wife to turn it to full..  My dough handling skills are way out of touch as its been years....  Need to work on that. I actually need to work on a full hand press as well to get more uniform thickness. They where 270 actually but i think that was the runt of the litter about 260-65....  the last margarita i made was huge 13 inches .. thinking of doing 260 next time. Thanks for the input though.. appreciate it a lot .. ;D

thanks C.

Offline Qarl

• I love to cook! and eat!
    • Black Pug Brewing
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2014, 01:29:05 PM »
Where in FLorida are you?

I'm in Orlando... I use Craig's dough and a Blackstone too... great combo!

Q

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2014, 01:35:27 PM »
Where in FLorida are you?

I'm in Orlando... I use Craig's dough and a Blackstone too... great combo!

Q

South Florida near Ft Lauderdale ...  I go up to orlando area a lot.  Yes it is a great combo... ;D

C.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 06:28:02 PM »
Starting my forth firing....  Something to smooth out this firing... ;D

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 06:29:33 PM »
My dough is out of control this time... :o  should be fun though...

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »
Starting my forth firing....  Something to smooth out this firing... ;D

I agree that firing the oven almost requires a wee nip. It is cause for celebration. Just remember to be mindful of the inverse relationship between alcohol consumed and pie roundness...

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 06:49:59 PM »
I agree that firing the oven almost requires a wee nip. It is cause for celebration. Just remember to be mindful of the inverse relationship between alcohol consumed and pie roundness...

I am in total agreement Craig...  i did some silly things with the dough this week as well.. Will update the idiot things i did when finished.. Will also be going off the Anthony reservation tonight with a pepperoni and  Fresh jalapeņo   "I love hops...as they turn into beer and scotch!"  LOL ;D

Also picked up a cast of IPA from one of Our local Breweries here in Miami.. YUM Yum ....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 06:54:16 PM by vandev »

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2014, 04:40:20 PM »
Well this week's firing went pretty well considering a lot of things went a rye ....  I used Craig's last dough formula that i also used last week as well but changed the way i added my starter. I fed my starter Wednesday morning and  then at 4;00 when i got home. After 2 hours i added my 20 grams of starter and 1/4 of my cupputo 00 flour and some of the water to get to a pooling consistency a little bit thicker than my usual starter. I let that set for a hour and then added to rest of flour, salt ,water in the mixer. Mixed 2 minutes rest 10 two times. Needed for 5minutes and let rest for a hour on the counter. This is where i had a brain fart and instead of putting in cooler as bulk ....i balled and put in cooler....Well its been a busy week....  I didn't realize till the next morning. So i just said what the heck and see what happens. I also took some advice and put the balls on the lid instead of the container. Well day two and all the containers popped off.. My dough must be pretty active i guess. So i was able so turn over 4 without incident. 2 i had to re ball. $ hours before firing i put at room temp about 77-79 and the started rising. The dough was really easy to work with and pizza came out pretty well. The only thing i noticed was it took a extra 20 seconds to cook..was at the 2 minute mark and usually at 70 second mark. I also was trying to figure out the size of mozz to get a half melted look so i used whole small balls. Was pretty tricky getting off the peel without having  them move.....

C.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2014, 05:27:44 PM »
Pretty nice Margherita hiding in there.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2014, 05:57:39 PM »
Pretty nice Margherita hiding in there.

I'll take that ...Thanks Craig... Yea, i think it was hiding under the second finger of scotch...  Just a tad to much cheese but i wanted to see what 70 seconds did to a  small whole ball of mozz.... when i launched off the peel it was like watching the room moving as the balls where following all my hand motions and didn't want to get mozz on the stone......I am thinking that if i go smaller and really chill the cheese i can get the right WFO look..  Just a WFO counterfeiter here.. ;D  I really like your dough formula though..Thanks for that hurdle i didn't have to jump over... :o
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:46:41 PM by vandev »

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2014, 06:43:06 PM »
I think the melt of the cheese on that pie looks really good.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2014, 06:51:08 PM »
I think the melt of the cheese on that pie looks really good.

i was pretty happy with it. I was shooting for a Una Pizza Nepolitana Look.  Like these..." I can Reach"  LOL :-\

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2014, 07:15:26 PM »
i was pretty happy with it. I was shooting for a Una Pizza Nepolitana Look.  Like these..." I can Reach"  LOL :-\

I think your melt looks better. The first and third UPN pies look like they have marshmallows on them.