This is off-topic, but I feel like it kinda fits in here.
Aside from the need to increase dough hydration in my new home (as I mentioned a few posts back), I've also experienced some weird things with yeast. Before I moved, I used about 0.65% ADY for a 48-hour cold-fermented NY style dough. The first time I made pizza here, doing everything identically to how I did it before I moved, my dough was nowhere near ready to use after 48 hours in the fridge. Fortunately I was able to make it work, but I also took note that the unused dough wasn't what I consider ready to pull for another 48 hours.
My first thought was that my fridge must be too cold. So I monitored the temperature for at least a month before concluding that the fridge temp played essentially no role in the slow fermentation.
Concurrently over the next month or so, as I made more batches of dough, it seemed like the dough was fermenting faster than my first batch fermented, even though I didn't make any changes. (And looking back now, I realize it really did ferment faster; it wasn't just in my head.)
Now I'm down to 0.25% ADY for 48-hour NY style (was 0.65%), and I've considered dropping it to 0.2%. I have made some procedural changes, which account for part of my need to decrease my ADY percentage so dramatically (like pulling the dough 2-3 hours before baking instead of pulling it 1 hour before baking), but mostly my dramatic decrease in yeast has been because my dough will not be usable now if I use the same amount of yeast I had used for so long before moving.
I think I'm finally getting consistent results from one batch to the next, but that whole adjustment period was just weird. I think it's pretty safe to assume this was not caused by water, but I really don't know what caused it.