Author Topic: Should a pizzeria give credit where credit is due?  (Read 2135 times)

Offline tommy

• Supporting Member
  • Always learning, and struggling. And eating.
    • tommy:eats
Re: Should a pizzeria give credit where credit is due?
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 08:27:15 AM »
Craig,

I think it was the member CoalsArt  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=14094 that went on to own and operate https://www.facebook.com/pages/COALHOUSE-PIZZA/271838725493

Norma
Not that it matters too much, but it looks like that member was opening a place in Kentucky, rather than CT:

http://coalsartisanpizza.com/

Offline pauliegee

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 09:44:57 AM »
Hey Craig, let's give credit where credit is due.  That Smokestack Lightning is my Hellboy, not Roberta's Bee Sting.   >:D

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 01:19:16 AM »
Post a few pizza photos that they made. I would love to see them.

Online Jackie Tran

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 07:57:41 AM »
As a side note I've seen it happen here on this forum.  Members will use 95 percent of someone else's recipe and methods, tweak something and claim to make it better,  and not give any credit where it's due.  Then new members start trying that person's recipe and everyone forgets who started it originally.  :-D  I've seen it with topping combinations, whole recipes, parts of pizza making methods, oven mods, you name it.  Myself, if I have been inspired I will usually mention the source of the inspiration.

As far as restaurants doing it, I don't think its wrong.  Maybe unethical, but fairly common and expected nowadays.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:04:03 AM by Jackie Tran »

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 01:16:26 PM »
  I've seen it with topping combinations, whole recipes, parts of pizza making methods, oven mods, you name it. 

Even though it was never patented, there will still be only one, original "Chauflector".  :-D

Take care!

Jim 
The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!

Online Jackie Tran

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 01:38:48 PM »
Even though it was never patented, there will still be only one, original "Chauflector".  :-D

Take care!

Jim

Lmao Jim. It's funny to me that we as people are both often guilty of "borrowing" ideas AND failing to give credit where it is due.  But kudos to those who are pioneers.  Who lead the way and aren't afraid to step out. Btw, that mod was only an attempt to tweak an already awesome oven (the BS that was blatantly copied from Willard's 2Stone).  That mod was first used in my LBE, which was another awesome oven innovated by member Villa Roma.  Many of these Newflector users won't ever even know the name Villa Roma or the famed LBE, but yes that was where the first chauflector was made.  Btw, it was Scott123 who coined that term.  I always called it a heat shield deflector. 

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 01:51:22 PM »
Btw, it was Scott123 who coined that term.

Yeah, kinda' miss him here on the forum. Also miss the camera I gave him. I can't imagine what he ever used it for!  :-D

Jim

Online Jackie Tran

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 01:55:41 PM »
Yeah, kinda' miss him here on the forum. Also miss the camera I gave him. I can't imagine what he ever used it for!  :-D

Jim

Lol! Me too! He's definitely a character alright.  I should reach out to him.

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 02:07:35 PM »
interesting conversation.....ok... i deleted my post, because we are all in this together!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:22:25 PM by 2stone »

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 02:32:16 PM »
interesting conversation.....ok... i deleted my post, because we are all in this together!!

Well, I did manage to read it before you sent it away  ;D  and can't wait to actually try out the patents first-hand in YOUR product next week! Take care!

Jim

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 11:58:51 PM »
Personally I give credit where credit is due because I'm inspired a lot by the pizza I eat.

I even state it on my pop up menu "there are 5 pies i pay tribute because they inspire me to be a better pizzaiolo" I think I went on to list PG, Chris Bianco, and two boots (because honestly it was one of my fav pies they rarely had on the shelves when i worked there"

there's some that I take like lets say my gouda and spinach pie which is a nod to a PG pie but because I change the ingredients around (even the order that it's put on I don't give credit.

it's deff a foggy matter
instagram.com/obsauced