Author Topic: Cash Register Systems  (Read 444 times)

Offline fatjackspizza

• I Love Pizza!
Cash Register Systems
« on: June 22, 2014, 11:34:19 AM »
Were opening our 1st. pizzeria in about 6-8 weeks.  It's an independent, carryout and delivery operation.  Due to budget constraints, I can't afford to purchase an expensive, state of the art, POS system.  So I'm looking at using a cash register system until I can afford something better.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best and easiest to use cash registers for a small pizzeria?  Sure appreciate any and all suggestions.  Thanks!

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: Cash Register Systems
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »
try the credit card system by square. it is inexpensive and you can do a lot with their cash register pos system

Offline Iowamcnabb

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 01:23:24 PM »
I'll second the square although it has limited functions.  We have used it at out coffee shop for over a year now with no problems.  The app is free and the cc percentage is 2.7 percent.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 05:07:20 PM »
A fancier POS system can often cover it's own cost by reducing other costs such as food cost and labor.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 05:11:22 PM »
A fancier POS system can often cover it's own cost by reducing other costs such as food cost and labor.

...in about a month.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 05:17:23 PM »
There are so many reasons why you can't afford not to have a good POS system. For example, people who know how the world works will not work for you if you don't have a POS system. And if you luck out and end up with some good, smart workers, you won't have them for long because they'll figure out pretty quickly that your archaic operation forces them to waste a lot of physical and mental energy. The pizza joint down the street doesn't.

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 06:38:55 PM »
I don't even know, or think I want to know, what a POS system is.  My plan for my shop is the old cash register.  Write a ticket, collect the cash, and that is it.  My plan is to be a cash only operation.  It will be a family operation with my wife running the register so we won't have to worry about stealing.  Walter

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 06:44:58 PM »
Walter,

Your cash management system is technically called CIF: Cash In Fist   :-D

Peter

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 07:23:41 PM »
i use revention an am very happy with them. but, you are talking about a big investment, over 25,000.00, plus monthly fees. it is fantastic in the information it provides.
  for our wood fired we use square and it gives enough information for that application. it can be used as a register and you can take orders and send them to a wireless printer. the tablets have made pos systems much more affordable.   

pizzapan