Author Topic: Costco Pizza  (Read 440 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
Costco Pizza
« on: June 28, 2014, 11:58:07 AM »
Went to Costco yesterday to get some supplies and happened to be there at lunch time. I figured I would get one of their hot dogs (which I love) and got into the line up. By the time I got to the order counter a fresh pepperoni pizza had just been cut so I changed my mind and got a slice of pizza instead. OMG that was a big mistake. I can't believe how bad that pizza was. There wasn't one thing I liked about it and if the line up wasn't so long I would have tossed it into the garbage and got a hot dog. I used to think their pies weren't bad. :o

Apparently I have been spoiled by making pies at home, using the great info available on this forum. Thank you very much. ;D

Offline I8Pizza

Re: Costco Pizza
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 05:07:01 PM »
You must be spoiled lol.  I think they're pretty good.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 05:28:10 PM »
Edible if you toss the dough...jus roll up the cheese an sauce into a sort of makeshift cannolli.

Their 5dollah bbq briskit sand. is huge......any good?

cb
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 05:33:46 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 10:06:44 PM »
Too much soggy coleslaw.  It wouldn't be as gross if they had a vinegar-based slaw.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 11:44:16 PM »
You must be spoiled lol.  I think they're pretty good.

I used to think they weren't bad too. Maybe I just got a crappy one.

I made a pie tonight and it was definitely way better than the one I had at Costco. :)

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 08:40:58 AM »
Edible if you toss the dough...jus roll up the cheese an sauce into a sort of makeshift cannolli.

Their 5dollah bbq briskit sand. is huge......any good?

cb
:-D

Offline capomma

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 07:50:25 PM »
Went to Costco yesterday to get some supplies and happened to be there at lunch time. I figured I would get one of their hot dogs (which I love) and got into the line up. By the time I got to the order counter a fresh pepperoni pizza had just been cut so I changed my mind and got a slice of pizza instead. OMG that was a big mistake. I can't believe how bad that pizza was. There wasn't one thing I liked about it and if the line up wasn't so long I would have tossed it into the garbage and got a hot dog. I used to think their pies weren't bad. :o

Apparently I have been spoiled by making pies at home, using the great info available on this forum. Thank you very much. ;D

I agree, horrid stuff. Loaded with dough conditioners too! But there are lots of silly people out there that wouldn't know a good pizza if you threw it in there face. Shocks me seeing the lines of people queuing for it.
I would rather eat a prostitutes used thong.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 08:07:06 PM »
I agree, horrid stuff. Loaded with dough conditioners too! But there are lots of silly people out there that wouldn't know a good pizza if you threw it in there face. Shocks me seeing the lines of people queuing for it.
They recycle those dude....you`ll never sink your teeeth into one, lucky boy!   :-D

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 08:33:09 PM »
Scott,

It looks like Costco does things differently in the UK. When some of the members researched the dough that Costco was using in the U.S. a few years ago, we learned that it was a very simple frozen dough from Lamonica'swith no conditioners or additives. For example, see Reply 2 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=9121.msg79444#msg79444 . See, also, Reply 24 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=9121.msg83041#msg83041 .

Peter