Author Topic: Next up: Silicone Dough  (Read 462 times)

amyamrap

Next up: Silicone Dough
« on: June 30, 2014, 06:26:44 PM »

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: Next up: Silicone Dough
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 01:19:48 AM »
Cheese is expensive and people want cheap. Plus cheese prices rose so sharply over the last year plus. Luckily my cheese prices have dropped 30 cents/lb in the last few months.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:30:43 AM »
Amy;
It's already here!
It's sold under the name "Throw Dough".
It is used as a teaching tool to help novices learn how to through/spin the dough without going through hundreds of dough balls, it is also used as a practice tool by those who practice pizza acrobatics.
Kinda chewy though. ;D
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 11:27:32 AM »
Amy;
It's already here!
It's sold under the name "Through Dough".
It is used as a teaching tool to help novices learn how to through/spin the dough without going through hundreds of dough balls, it is also used as a practice tool by those who practice pizza acrobatics.
Kinda chewy though. ;D

I'm not sure whether that's the one endorsed by Tony Gemignani or if it's the one endorsed by Chris Green, but the one I got from Chris melted my VCR's remote control. Don't ask me how it happened, but there are blobs of melted gray plastic on my fake dough. Not a big deal to me, though, because I never really needed or used the dough. (Conversely, the remote control was once pretty handy.)

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 11:53:51 AM »
I'm not sure whether that's the one endorsed by Tony Gemignani or if it's the one endorsed by Chris Green, but the one I got from Chris melted my VCR's remote control. Don't ask me how it happened, but there are blobs of melted gray plastic on my fake dough. Not a big deal to me, though, because I never really needed or used the dough. (Conversely, the remote control was once pretty handy.)

It wasn't made of silicone then. It was a plastic, probably PVC, with a plasticizer added to make it soft. The plasticizer is not confined the thing it is in, and it will soften/melt any susceptible plastic it comes in contact with. Sometimes you see the same thing in older fishing boxes - some soft plastic baits would melt right into them - they will eat right through a Styrofoam bobber as well.
Pizza is not bread.

amyamrap

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 01:50:32 AM »
Amy;
It's already here!
It's sold under the name "Through Dough".
Kinda chewy though. ;D

Kinda chewy though. ;D

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »
Kinda chewy though. ;D

I'm not sure if the remote control made the dough any chewier.

pizzapan