Author Topic: 6-1 Tomatoes  (Read 1539 times)

Offline djryan1194

6-1 Tomatoes
« on: July 02, 2006, 03:36:22 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just an fyi... since so many people (including myself) love using 6-1 tomatoes...

For those of you that are fortunate enough to live in the Chicago suburbs, I've learned that 6-1 is available at Eurofresh in Palatine.  I'm in Ohio, so I have to order it online, and its much more expensive.  I guess its $1.49 per can (smaller can) at Eurofresh, and the jumbo can for $4.50.

I didn't know if its readily available everywhere out there or not, so I thought I'd let the group know.

-Jen

Offline ZekeTheCat

• I Love Pizza!
Re: 6-1 Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 05:42:09 PM »
You can get the large 6Lb 9oz cans of 6/1 tomatoes for about $4 give or take at Gordon Food Service (GFS)which has stores all around the midwest (Mi/oh/In/ Ill). They don't carry the smaller cans though as they service restaurants , institutions etc. They are open to the public. I divide a can up into 6 or 7 of these 2 cup plastic resealable containers and put them into the freezer which works great for future use. They also carry high gluten flour, bulk cheese, pizza sauces and toppings and other neat stuff. Hope this helps.

GFS store locater website:
http://gfs.know-where.com/gfs/

Offline djryan1194

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 10:15:31 PM »
Thanks Zeke!  We actually have a GFS close by to my house.  I'll definetly go check it out.

Offline stymie

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 08:27:34 AM »
I'm in Columbus and found 6-1 tomatoes at a local Giant Eagle grocery store in the international aisle. I've also heard that some Kroger stores carry them also. You just won't find them with the normal canned tomatoes though so be sure to check the international aisles.