Author Topic: Jules thin crust - Newtown, PA  (Read 334 times)

Offline Fire-n-smoke

Jules thin crust - Newtown, PA
« on: July 03, 2014, 10:48:42 AM »
My wife and I decided to try Jules since she was on vacation and found it different but good.  Their thin crust pizza is more like a flatbread than a pizza in my opinion, but the toppings were not over powering and we're very good.  We had eggplant, which was sliced very thin and had a button of ricotta in the center of each slice, a sausage and onion, the sausage was slice lengthwise and also was extremely thin with fresh onion, and a bruschetta, which had diced onion tomatoes and arugula.  All had tomato sauce and mozzarella and then we're covered by the toppings.  Toppings were extremely thinly sliced but were very flavorful and the slices were very light, which of course meant we had seconds.  Price wise they were 3.00 per slice, which in newtown is not overly expensive, but if you went a block down to Newtown pizza you get a much heartier slice.  All in all the "pizza" was good and yes we would go back again.
Tom

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: Jules thin crust - Newtown, PA
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:43:45 PM »
So is that 4 slices in your second picture? For a total of $12? That seems quite pricey.

Offline Fire-n-smoke

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »
So is that 4 slices in your second picture? For a total of $12? That seems quite pricey.

Actually 2 slices in pic 2 and one slice in pic three.  The slices are cut in half.  And you are right, definitely pricey.
Tom

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 07:35:57 PM »
There are 4 in the Philly suburbs, and they just opened in Danville and Oakland Cal.
It is definitely a flatbread calling itself a pizza, but I agree that it is tasty, creative and clean.
It's fast food that you can classify and identify as food.
They vary their menu offering constantly.
I think they are doing what they do well, and while I would not make it my pizza destination, it's pretty darn good for what it is.

http://julesthincrust.com/

Perry
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:38:11 PM by pizzaboyfan »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 10:30:54 PM »
Prices are ok but flatbread pizza is pretty damn lame.

CB
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 06:11:38 PM »
Actually 2 slices in pic 2 and one slice in pic three.  The slices are cut in half.  And you are right, definitely pricey.
Tom

That there are 2 slices in the pic makes it a lot more reasonably priced than if that was 4 slices as I was originally thinking.

pizzapan