Author Topic: Wolfgang Puck mails it in  (Read 561 times)

Offline BenLee

• I Love Pizza!
Wolfgang Puck mails it in
« on: July 05, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »
lol, couldn't resist showing this one.  I've never been a fan of any pizza Puck has made but on the cover of his book, he's got a pizza with a crust I know he didn't bake.  They photoshopped a pie in front of him.  It's kinda sad that all these celebrity chefs have zero involvement in a book that have their names on it these days.

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: Wolfgang Puck mails it in
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 09:39:18 PM »
That crust does look tasty.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 10:14:30 PM »
lol, couldn't resist showing this one.  I've never been a fan of any pizza Puck has made but on the cover of his book, he's got a pizza with a crust I know he didn't bake.  They photoshopped a pie in front of him.  It's kinda sad that all these celebrity chefs have zero involvement in a book that have their names on it these days.
And to top it off...that is not even the real Wolfy. That`s his studio stand in.
Have you seen what he actually looks like lately man?   :-X

cb
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

scott123

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:52:46 PM »
Here's a high res version:

http://media.hdp.hbgusa.com/coverimages/9781455508846/

Even worse than a photoshopped photo is a photo that's noticeably photoshopped.  The lighting on the pizza is coming from a different direction than the lighting in the rest of the photo.

As far as the trend of celebrity chefs dialing it in... For the most part, success breeds apathy.  You see this in restaurants all the time.  It's unfortunate, but it's human nature.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 11:11:37 PM »
If I knew how to photoshop I`d stick a pic of Dom in there standing right behind Puck and patting him on the back....talk about sales baby!!   :o

cb
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline BenLee

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 10:51:30 AM »
Here's a high res version:

http://media.hdp.hbgusa.com/coverimages/9781455508846/

Even worse than a photoshopped photo is a photo that's noticeably photoshopped.  The lighting on the pizza is coming from a different direction than the lighting in the rest of the photo.

As far as the trend of celebrity chefs dialing it in... For the most part, success breeds apathy.  You see this in restaurants all the time.  It's unfortunate, but it's human nature.

I guess but there is a difference between coming in for a photo op and picking up some food you didn't prepare for that photo and just having someone paste a pie very badly on top of you.  Most of them don't blatantly assume their audience is so stupid.

pizzapan