Author Topic: Stanislaus vs arrezzio  (Read 3312 times)

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: Stanislaus vs arrezzio
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2014, 03:19:30 PM »

Jeff, I didn't mean to sound like a smartass in my reply to you. I probably should have added a smiley face or something.

No worries. I personally don't have a problem with you using some dried basil in the sauce. I just was posting it as a joke because I know scotts feeling about it.

In all honesty, a lot of people here are to much of purists for me. I think at the end of the day the most important part is that you like it. Just because it doesn't hold to one persons definition doesn't make it good or bad. I guarantee you there are NY places in NY using dried basil in the sauce. I can't name them, but with 50 million places in Manhattan alone, you know one or two is.

Offline bhopper

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 04:09:11 PM »
Stanislaus

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 08:38:27 PM »
I just caught this thread.   Ryan, thanks for suggesting Jag come out to my place.  He spent a day with me a month or so ago.  He is from Hoboken NJ and knows pizza.  We had a fun time making pies/talking Jersey :-D   He made some great pies at my place with our dough/ingredients.  He runs a mobile wfo that does a hybrid pie.  Walter

Jag wit one a pie  he made

So he probably got some kind of anti-Pizzaiolo "lecture" from you, too, then? Now that I know he's much more experienced than I apparently assumed, I feel kinda funny for interacting with him as if he was more of a beginner. But Pizzaiolo is just so bad (to me). Whenever I see someone saying good things about it, and so confidently, I always assume they don't have much experience with other tomato products.

Now I'm curious. I'm sure I've noticed the handle "JAG" before, and I've probably interacted with him before, as well, although I'm not sure.

My memory doesn't work like it used to, and it's probably only gonna go downhill from here, for reasons at least a few of y'all may already know. Eventually my new posts will likely make no sense to anyone, so I just want to give a heads-up to whoever may be paying attention.
Ryan
http://www.ryanspizzablog.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: Don't necessarily believe anything I say here. My brain ain't quite right anymore (unless it is). If I come off as rude or argumentative, that's probably not my intention. Rather, that's just me being honest, to myself and everyone else; partly because I don't have enough time left to BS either you or myself. If you are offended by anything I say, it's probably because you think lying to people (to be "polite") is a good idea. I don't.

Offline waltertore

• The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2014, 09:26:08 PM »
So he probably got some kind of anti-Pizzaiolo "lecture" from you, too, then?

Ryan:  No sweat.  Jag is a skilled pizza maker.  I never tried that sauce so can't comment on it.  See you.  Walter

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 09:32:49 PM »
how could ryan get a lecture if the one guy say`s he never even had it....
who`s on first?  who`s the pizziolio?
where`s my custom made 2 piece pizza peel?   8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 10:03:55 PM »
Bob, is that you? Behind the knowledge? You look... trapped.
Ryan

Disclaimer: Don't necessarily believe anything I say here. My brain ain't quite right anymore (unless it is). If I come off as rude or argumentative, that's probably not my intention. Rather, that's just me being honest, to myself and everyone else; partly because I don't have enough time left to BS either you or myself. If you are offended by anything I say, it's probably because you think lying to people (to be "polite") is a good idea. I don't.

Offline JAG

• The passion of the crust!
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 09:26:14 AM »
Guys,
This thread started out as a simple question of which product is preferred, a prepared Stanislaus or a prepared Arrezzio. In my opinion and my opinion only I say that I prefer Stanislaus products. It wasn't about who uses what seasonings, if any, besides, it is all a matter of personal taste or in some cases what your customers like, it's not always about what the maker likes but what the people paying for your product like.

Ryan is there a right or wrong to someones opinion?

How do you all feel about the Arrezzio products? Or, how about Escalon, is their product a decent product, I've tried several of their sauces, anyone else have an opinion, careful now, you could get a serious beat down for having an opinion.

JG

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 09:34:46 AM »
Ryan is there a right or wrong to someones opinion?

Nope.
Ryan

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 10:29:39 AM »
John, try to sell me on Pizzaiolo. Explain what you like about it, as if you were trying to sell me some of it. In fact, pretend I'm you, and pitch it to me as you would pitch it to yourself. Here are the very obvious selling points, to me: 1) Each case is more like two or three cases, since it is so concentrated; 2) Very little prep work required; 3) The small amount of prep work is very easy (just add water and stir).

Seems like I had at least one other thing to add, but I forgot.

I'm not asking to be a smartass; I'm asking because I don't want to be closed-minded, which I know I have appeared to be throughout this thread. I'm asking in case my initial impression of Pizzaiolo was wrong or at least off the mark. I'm asking because I now know you were not raised on central Ohio style pizza, which makes a big difference, considering I responded to you as if you were raised on central Ohio style pizza. (I was raised on central Ohio style pizza. And having lived here basically all my life, I know how backward most central Ohioans' pizza tastes can seem to someone from the NYC area.)
Ryan

Offline woodmakesitgood

• You gots to cook it strong!
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 12:00:53 PM »
Ryan, is it fair to say that Pizzaiolo is crap having only tried it once?
That's not much to go on right there...
Charles

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 06:47:23 PM »
"Only having tried it once" = I bought a #10 can of it and used it many times. It was tomato paste with lots of added flavors every time, and it tasted like crap to me every time. That's plenty to go on right there. Still, I'm here begging someone to sell it to me.
Ryan

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2014, 06:50:48 PM »
"Only having tried it once" = I bought a #10 can of it and used it many times. It was tomato paste with lots of added flavors every time, and it tasted like crap to me every time. That's plenty to go on right there. Still, I'm here begging someone to sell it to me.
you have to thin it with some water dude.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 06:59:25 PM »
Yeah, uh, I might have already figured that part out.
Ryan

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 07:09:07 PM »
Yeah, uh, I might have already figured that part out.
different concentration levels can dramatically change the cooked products flavor profile, you know.

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 07:12:05 PM »
I guess it depends on what you like on pizza and what you have conditioned yourself to eating. I love Pizzaiolo and so do many other people. It's difficult to hear it referred to as crap.

TomN

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=17415.msg285546;topicseen#msg285546

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 07:19:29 PM »
I guess it depends on what you like on pizza and what you have conditioned yourself to eating. I love Pizzaiolo and so do many other people. It's difficult to hear it referred to as crap.

TomN

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=17415.msg285546;topicseen#msg285546
don`t look like `tomato paste` to me.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 08:58:57 PM »
I knew Tom would chime in here sooner or later. ;D
Ryan

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »
don`t look like `tomato paste` to me.

I guess it's not as thick as I remember. Still pretty thick, though.
Ryan

Offline JAG

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2014, 09:44:14 PM »
Ryan, dude, I'm not here to sell you on anything, your taste is your taste, we all get it, you don't like Pizzaiolo. I really could care less if you put ketchup on you pizza and told me it was the best sauce you have ever had, that is your opinion and I would  have the consideration to not slam you for your opinion. It was a simple question to start this whole flippin thing, do you remember what it was? who likes what, pizzaiolo or arrezzio Cali. so, back to the original question, what do you think of Arrezzio compared to pizzaiolo?
JG

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2014, 10:22:21 PM »
OK, I guess I just won't try to understand or appreciate your tastes or thoughts anymore. I don't really care if you like Pizzaiolo, nor do I expect you to care if I like it. I'm still OK with talking about it, though, because it provides an opportunity for both of us to learn something, along with everyone else. I wasn't trying to put you down for liking Pizzaiolo. Also, I apparently missed where it said "Pizzaiolo" in the original post (or I just forgot), and I only saw "Stanislaus" because "Stanislaus" is clearly in the subject line of every post in this thread. So when you expressed such glee over what I consider to be Stanislaus's worst product, I was curious. I thought maybe I missed something somewhere long before this thread existed (like when I tried a can of Pizzaiolo several years ago), and I wanted to find out what I may have missed.

Since you are apparently unwilling to take a few minutes to explain what you think is so great about Pizzaiolo, I guess I'll take that as a sign that you have some kind of weird and unreasonable attachment to it (kinda like how I'm still a Bengals fan, I think, even though I can't stand the organization), and I'll just keep believing Pizzaiolo is horrible.
Ryan

Offline JAG

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2014, 11:21:45 PM »
I use Pizzaiolo because it works for what I do, and my clientele seem to like it as well but the sauce is not the focus of our brand. I'm not using it in a home situation, I need consistency, I can't have someone forgetting to add a seasoning or put in the wrong quantities or ratios. I am working a M-F job and doing 3 days a week mobile from May to Oct. and I can't oversee everything with the operation. I make all of our dough by hand, selling 300-400 pies a weekend at 3hr events over three days/week. I don't mind talking more about this sauce or your sauce or custom sauces but lets take it to PM an spare the rest of the members.

My weird and unreasonable attachment stands with the Dolphins. :-\

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2014, 01:34:32 AM »
Voxgirl,

Whether you choose Stanislaus or Arrezzio, you can still play around with either and make it your  signature sauce for your pizzeria. i know many Pizzerias that do this. One pizzeria uses 2 cans of Pizzaiolo with 1 can of Al Dente pasta sauce (both made by Stanislaus). Another uses Arrezzio with more Fresh Basil. Another uses a can of 711 with a can of Saporito (again both Stanislaus). I talked with another pizzeria that like 711with oregano. It goes on and on.  You might consider calling Stanislaus and asking them to send out one of their local reps to help you in this process. Also, talk with your SYSCO or FSA  rep as well. They all want you to be successful and they will help you,  because when you are happy with your product choice,  you will continue to buy their products.  Hope that helps.

TomN
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:36:45 AM by TomN »

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2014, 09:08:20 AM »
Thanks JAG. We cool?
Ryan

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2014, 10:42:11 AM »
TPT taco pizza thursday  :pizza:
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline JAG

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2014, 01:47:27 PM »
Ryan, no problems, we cool.

JG

pizzapan